PDA

View Full Version : '06 24V will Crank but not Catch/Start... Help!

Judson Millar
07-14-2014, 07:22 PM
My name is Jud Millar and recently purchased an 06 Supra Sunsport 24V for our small summer camp for teens here in central PA on Raystown Lake. The boat has been great so far with only a few minor electrical issues that we have worked out (new alternator among other things). We were out yesterday cruising with our camper, somehow got rope caught in prop. Skies and Wakboarded some more then stopped for dinner and boat would not start. It has plenty of gas in the tank, plenty of power in battery but will not "catch" at all. Any thoughts? Thanks!

CJD
07-15-2014, 09:25 AM
So, it is not spinning, or it's spinning but not starting?

If it's not spinning...Make sure your in neutral, safety key in place, and the large breaker at the engine is reset. After those easy items, it's battery cable connections front and rear and key switch connections. If all checks but still wont spin, it's likely the starter solenoid is bad.

If it's spinning but not starting, you have to go through the usual routine...pull a plug wire and check for spark, check fuel pressure at the rail, and last of all compression at the cylinders. It takes all three to run.

garyholl
07-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Check that red safety lanyard is in place. That's your most likely culprit. If it isn't clipped in, it will spin but not start.

gogger
07-16-2014, 08:55 AM
I had to put a new starter in my 06 24ssv on Thursday. Starter was turning but not engaging the flex plate. Grinding a little. Easy to replace.

Zim
07-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Any updates Jud? By your lack of response I'm guessing you're up and running. My guess is safety lanyard got loosened when getting out of the boat.. :)