PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Supra legacy- wake trim modification

dsbhockey
07-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Hi There

I have a 1998 Supra legacy and I was wondering if anyone has made any modifications to the wake trim. On my boat it is fixed, I was thinking about modifying it by putting a hinge on and a couple electric/hyd rams to replace the original stationary arms. Has anyone tried this? if so how did it work out and what size of rams did you use?

thanks,

Gregmacdog
09-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Hi There

I have a 1998 Supra legacy and I was wondering if anyone has made any modifications to the wake trim. On my boat it is fixed, I was thinking about modifying it by putting a hinge on and a couple electric/hyd rams to replace the original stationary arms. Has anyone tried this? if so how did it work out and what size of rams did you use?

thanks,

Yes---Supra offered a powered wake plate upgrade, it is a Bennett wake plate, it has two rams and a pump unit in the ski locker.
I have one on my 2000 Legacy

Century63
09-09-2014, 08:58 PM
I have a 1988 Supra Pirata. It came with a fixed wake plate that was useless. I ordered a kit from Bennett Marine in Florida. They did not have the exact size (width) I wanted so I got the closest one and had it widened ($200 more). Installed the pump under the front observer's seat so it would be easy to get to. Also ran 2 long lines from the back and connected to the single line near the drain plug (easier to get to if needed). Cut hole behind the windshield for a deflection gauge and placed the toggle switch to the left of the padded dash near the entry to the cubby hole. It all looked factory when done. Between the wake plate and the new prop (541) it runs 4600 rpm. 15076[ATTACH=CONFIG]15076