PDA

View Full Version : 88 Pirata Hatch Hinge Broke

Supranatural
07-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Has anyone ever replaced their hatch hinges on their Pirata's? Mine broke last week and they are not easy to find, any help would be great!

SquamInboards
07-17-2014, 10:47 AM
If it's anything like my hatch (in the bow, lexan panel?) the manufacturer no longer makes those hinges. Vetus I believe was the manufacturer. I've called them directly, and talked to some big marine suppliers, to no avail. Your best bet is a place that has some old boats for parts, or *possibly* a dealer with those parts on a dusty shelf somewhere, but that's about it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! But maybe your luck will be better. If you find another acceptable solution, be sure to let us know!

Supranatural
07-17-2014, 10:59 AM
That is bad news. Yeah Vetus is the manufacturer and going through their website looks like there is nothing that is close. I am going to get with a few boat shops near me and see if we can't come up with an alternative hinge solution. I will keep you posted.

SquamInboards
07-21-2014, 11:37 AM
With the increasing presence of 3-d printers and membership-based fabrication shops, you might be able to find a way to have new hinges made. Questionably worth it for the effort, but it depends on how badly you want them.