PDA

View Full Version : Shore Station set up

mabbore
07-16-2014, 04:09 PM
So for the last few years I have use a shore station to keep my 87 Sunsport high and dry. I never really tinkered too much from the original settings or bunk location. However it has come apparent that I need to adjust them. Essentially I have to keep my boat a little farther back so that my prop shaft does not contact the cross bar of the lift, and that causes the lift to sink more in the rear, causing a pretty substantial angle. I would raise the bunk brackets higher to get the boat farther on the lift and thus disperse the weight better, but I am already on the last setting. Any one have any pics of their current set up? Or how to get around this.

Cusefan78
07-16-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm toying around this weekend with a new lift. I was told by my shoremaster rep to double up the bunks and use 2x8x10s. You'll need 4 of them plus carpeting. Attach the boards to the bunks with stainless bolts. I'm pretty much going to copy my trailer spacing. Also I ordered. Bow stop so it's in the exact same spot every time

92SupraComp
07-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Adjust the legs. They have a large amount of adjustment...

Also, keep it level! If its not level the weight is not dispersed evenly and is bad for the lift.