PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for Fat Sac Placement in our 2000 Supra Sanetra for wakesurfing

SupraTCM
07-16-2014, 11:30 PM
We recently bought:

1) Pro X Series Fat Sac (50x20x20 -750 lbs)
2) Pro X Series V-Drive Sacs Set (42x16x16 = 400 lbs each)
3) Prox X Series FatBrick (16x16x16 = 155 lbs)

We filled them and it helped create a wake for us to surf on, but its not like the wake I see on videos. The wake still had a lot of white water and was far from the perfect wake! We had placed the 750 lb sac in the back-end compartment next to the engine. Then the two v-drive sacs at 400 lbs each we put in an L shape in the same corner on the back seat and finally we put the 155 brick in the front, on the same side.

Does anyone have a suggestion on better bag placement to create the perfect wave to wake surf on? Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are fairly new to wakesurfing!!! Thank you!

Zim
07-17-2014, 09:58 AM
How many people do you have in the boat?

2500HD
07-17-2014, 03:08 PM
For the port side you need bow weight. At least that is what mine needed. The other thing i did is build a swimdeck that is smooth on the bottom and also raised it 3/4 inch. The santera swimdeck sits low in the water and interferes with the wave. You can see my swimdeck on trayson's thread https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?15710-Custom-Surf-Platform-build Goofy side just needs weight in the back.

CornRickey
07-19-2014, 12:30 PM
white water is caused by two possibilities. 1- not enough speed, 2- not enough delayed convergence on the wake. The speed issue is just a matter of messing with it but I have found that going above the established speed till the wake generates then throttle down to the speed you want works best. The delayed convergence is established by weighting you boat to the surf side to get it to lean or using a surf gate.

Try filling up the single 750 on the rear surf side corner and in the bow. Get a wave generated then add bags systematically to the floor behind the drivers seat till you get the push you need.

Concentrate on a clean, tall wake with a short pocket. Then work on getting it lengthened. Most people who are new to surfing and complain about not enough push are using poor surfing technique and the problems goes away with more time behind the boat. Good luck.

2500HD
07-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Like i said just add bow weight for the port side, trust me i have the same boat.