PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading 2005 Launch 21V ballast system

hkgroggy
07-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Finally at the stage where I'm having too many filling issues with the factory Gravity system and saw this on Wakemakers. Anybody have experience with this particular upgrade? Was it fairly straight-forward to accomplish. How are the end results? Night and day? Thanks guys.

http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moomba-ballast-system-upgrade.html

2500HD
07-17-2014, 10:48 PM
If your gonna go that far, do yourself a favor and upgrade the bags as well. Then it will be night and day as far as wake especially for surfing.
As far as the fill and drain, Yes night and day on the capability

CornRickey
07-19-2014, 12:23 PM
So you have to pay attention when emptying the bags? Those pumps burn up when left running dry if I am not mistaken?

Kma4444
07-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Presumably the same pumps on our 242 and I don't pay any particular attention when emptying. I generally plug the vent when emptying mine so the pump pulls the bag really flat making it easier to fold them for storage or drying the boat out. The impellers are original, never been replaced and the fill times are the same as new.

2500HD
07-19-2014, 10:51 PM
I'll be upgrading my system later this year with either jabsco or johnson pumps, probably jabsco and no worry about dry running. These things are bullet proof and are low maintenance. Just have a clue as to what you are doing and pay attention when filling or draining. Pretty simple in my book.