PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Supra Launch SSV in Australia

carlossa
07-30-2014, 03:09 AM
G'day all,
I have recently resurrected a severely neglected 04 Supra. I frequent this forum a fair bit (everyday) and am thankful for the information on here that assisted me to my finished product. My boat was originally imported by Josh Sanders in 04, used as a demo and sold to a pair of brothers. In short, one bro bought the other out, done a head gasket, lost interest and sat in his parents driveway for 4 years until I bought it. It had to be flat towed home 130 miles back to the same town where Sanders sold it from. It had no motor, trim trashed, gelcoat faded and trailer in poor condition. Over the next 4 months I sourced a 320 LCR with a blown head gasket from a Malibu, rebuilt it along with the transmission and V-Drive. The Engine was 99% complete which saved me alot of money in the end. Anyway I've had a few teething problems but all seems to be good now, just have to wait till our summer rolls along. Here are a few pics of the neglect. Carl

carlossa
07-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Finished result

relyt
07-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Thanks for sharing! Navy is my favorite color - Have Fun!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

garyholl
07-30-2014, 05:50 PM
That's awesome carlossa! Have you had it out yet? Will you be learning to surf, or do you already know how? Will it be on a lake? If I come to Australia will you take me out in it? JK
Let us know how it runs...

2500HD
07-30-2014, 09:22 PM
glad to see you saved her, looks good.
Enjoy

carlossa
08-01-2014, 05:40 PM
That's awesome carlossa! Have you had it out yet? Will you be learning to surf, or do you already know how? Will it be on a lake? If I come to Australia will you take me out in it? JK
Let us know how it runs...

We've had it out a few times and I was surprised on how good the overall package is compared to my old Aussie built 18 ft direct drive. Surfing will be a definate as I have a daughter that loves to surf at the beach and yes we live on a fairly good size saltwater lake that is tidal with a small ocean inlet. I have played with lead ballast a bit (400lbs) under my bags and have got a good size wave but found it impossible to keep constant speed. I have just purchased perfect pass and should install this weekend. I still have lots of "like to do jobs" before I'll be happy, but like a hobby car, it'll never be finished. I intend on a surfgate build also so when I start that I will document it also.