PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Supra Launch LTS

botise
07-30-2014, 10:47 PM
Hello Team Supra
I grew up on a Supra in the 90's, and now my kids are at the right age and we are getting back into the watersports world after a 10 year absence. I'm going to look at a 2004 Supra Launch LTS, for general, beginner use, and wonder if there is any problem areas I should look for specifically on this boat?
Thanks!

zbako
07-31-2014, 04:18 PM
botsie,
I have an 04 Comp LTS, same boat without the tower, ballast and a different decal. Fantastic boat overall. If it has been well cared for you'll be very happy with it, depending on what you want to do with it. It is a dedicated ski machine, dressed up as a crossover boat in 'Launch' dress, but it was designed to ski well and it does that. Wakes for skiing are very good, only the newer generation of ski boats would be significantly better wake wise, (the last 2-3 years or so). Spray is not an issue. tracks 'very well' and holds speed similarly without speed control, but PP is always good to have. Boarding wakes are respectable for a 20' boat and without ballast I've had good boarders doing big tricks, but for most it would be a beginner sized wake that can be adjusted. Trim tab up with ballast and it does fine, but certainly not big by today's standards. Surfing is pushing it as you just cant get enough weight in it safely, but you can do beginner surfing, but not much more. Barefoot table if very good.

As for teaching little kids to ski, it does not get any better in my oppinion. When pulling youngsters between 12 & 18 maybe 20 mph you can over trim the wake plate and it will give them the smallest wake I've seen on 'any' ski boat yet. Very unintimidating for little ones.

Lots of room and features that make it very family friendly, with grab rails in the right places. Very good looking boat with great storage and roominess. Watch the nose in rollers and waves as it is easy to bury it and send water over the bow. I've skiied regularly behind several different boats, (04 M sportster, 03 M Response, 95 Nautique, 00 Centurion, 14 Response TXI) and only the TXI is better to ski behind- quite awesome actually :), but others are close but not any better.

Hope that helps
Zoltan

botise
08-01-2014, 01:31 AM
Zoltan
Thank you for the quick response! I was impressed with the previous owners care, and am now a happy owner of a perfectly maintained 04 Supra LTS and it will be a perfect fit for my young family to learn watersports.