PDA

View Full Version : I Found This Kid On FIRE!

garyholl
08-11-2014, 08:57 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/tubu2yha.jpg

He lives across the cove from us and goes to school with my kids.
We smelled plastic burning as we were tubing along and I look up and this kid is waving FRANTICALLY! As we get closer we see smoke coming from his vents. So I grab a fire extinguisher and get on board to find the smoke is mostly coming from under his dash.I flipped off the batteries and the smoke stopped. Towed him in and that was that.
Be careful when you upgrade your stereos. Test it well on land before launching. He was about to abandon the boat and swim to shore.

haugy
08-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Ooops. Yeah that would suck. Good job on killing power, most panic and don't think of the simple things.

SquamInboards
08-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Ooops. Yeah that would suck. Good job on killing power, most panic and don't think of the simple things.

Agreed. Nice quick thinking!

Blakelpd5
08-12-2014, 12:48 AM
Nice Save!!!! You should also recommend to your neighbor he fuses all of his circuits!!! haha..

garyholl
08-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Nice Save!!!! You should also recommend to your neighbor he fuses all of his circuits!!! haha..
Right? I don't get that but I didn't crawl under his dash either. It was proly the wire that keeps the radio stations in memory or the bike pump float switch. Either way, something was definitely wired wrong!

Zim
08-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Good Samaritan right there! Nice work.