PDA

View Full Version : Acme 541 prop installed

Moor
08-12-2014, 04:58 PM
Bent up my old O.J. 13x13. Installed a new Acme 541. This prop is AWESOME! WAY more low end pulling power, WAY better holeshot, Planes out much quicker now, and once i get some nice glass, ill test out the top speed. I suspect i"ll pick up 5-8 MPH since im running about 800rpm's lower around 30 mph. WORTH EVERY PENNY. i can't wait to load up the fat sacs and do some surfing!

Cusefan78
08-12-2014, 06:50 PM
This is the same prop I was recommended today. Is it really that much better. I'm currently running a 4 blade 13x13

gogger
08-12-2014, 08:45 PM
I switched to a 451 on the pirata and it made that much difference. Well worth the investment.

SquamInboards
08-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Is it really that much better.

I've seen the same reaction from every person who installed a new Acme CNC prop coming from a traditional prop, without fail. It really is like the difference between FWD and AWD in snow; it's the single easiest performance upgrade you can do. Also, see this thread (https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?11345-new-prop) from when TitanTN put on a new prop.

Sounds like a late-night infomercial: "Want to get better holeshot, better top speed, better throttle response, and better fuel economy with just ONE BOLT ON PART?" No really, that's what you get.

***And just a PSA when you (or anyone) gets a new prop, post it in the Prop Specs thread to help out the next guy!