PDA

View Full Version : New Look for my 2003 Supra Launch

08-12-2014, 05:12 PM
I thought about buying a new boat and decide on a new look instead. To get this new look I made a decision to change out my Rad-A-Cage tower but, which one to buy? After some serious searching I decided on a unique look and went with a Samson Blade Tower from Samson Sports at http://samsonsports.com/. I have posted pix of my boat with both the old and new towers; let me know what you think

TitanTn
08-12-2014, 10:20 PM
The question is, what do you think? Are you happy with the change?

Zim
08-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Tower looks good IMO! I have nothing against the Rad-a-cage either though. That's a clean boat regardless, so I'm a fan!

CornRickey
08-12-2014, 11:17 PM
The new style is starting to grow on me but I'm still a sucker for old school. Do you have any pictures of it with both bimini's out?

08-13-2014, 08:52 AM
TitanTn, I love the change, the look is SICK! and the stability is ridiculous as there is no more shaking and rattling of the tower. When the bimini is out the coverage is greater than the old bimini.

08-13-2014, 08:53 AM
CornRickey, I will get the pix with he Bimini out up loaded this weekend.

bmayberry
08-13-2014, 09:33 AM
The boat looks awesome, but it's a supra so I'd expect nothing less.
Have you ever thought about Tinning the windshield? It might help tie the black tower into the white boat.

CornRickey
08-13-2014, 09:40 AM
How did you deal with the mounting holes?

Diggs
08-13-2014, 09:46 AM
I thought I was going to throw up as I read the subject and did not want to open and see the new look, but I do like it.... Nice work!!!
I love the old look and classic lines of that generation of Supras, but I am amazed that I really do like it..

Cusefan78
08-13-2014, 12:09 PM
That tower looks sick. If I was going to add a tower I would only go with the new style. Awesome job

haugy
08-13-2014, 12:15 PM
That actually doesn't look bad. I'd like to see a white tower or polished versus black, but that's just me. I personally don't like the reverse towers as it puts the tower legs right in the middle of the boat and that blocks entry points and sitting points. But I do love your white and gray Launch. Great color combo.

08-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Because the tower is designed to mount on a flat gunnel and the gunnels on my Launch are rounded Samson designed a footing for the tower that mirrors my gunnels perfectly and the mount was easy. Obviously the old mount holes were repaired by my mechanic Ryan at http://liquidpowersports.com/ and he has a fiberglass and gel coat guy Brent at http://www.landlockedboatrepair.com/index.html. Sorry for the shout-outs but all of these guys did a great job getting the tower on and my Launch looking sleek and awesome.

08-13-2014, 03:16 PM
I was actually going to go with the black and polished but, gave in to the co-pilot and a happy marriage on that one haugy. :)

trayson
08-13-2014, 04:09 PM
I guess I'll be the lone voice that says I'm not totally feelin' it.

I think that if you blacked out your windshield trim it would help a LOT. I was never a fan of the aluminum colored windshield trim anyway. Love the black. while tinting the window might look good, I'm one that will probably never do it because of driving my boat at dusk/night.

Samson makes a good product though. And they're only 30 minutes from where I live.

haugy
08-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Can I ask a question? Did your kids put your registration stickers on, or are they supposed to look like that? :D

08-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Good question haugy, they are supposed to look like that :)

CornRickey
08-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Those numbers wouldn't fly in my neck of the woods. Sounds like you thought things out and did it right. Only thing left to do is use the helll out of our

Blakelpd5
08-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Well, as said before, what matters is if YOU are happy with it, but since you asked for opinions. +1 for old tower...