PDA

View Full Version : 2008 supra launch limited 20ssv

captainbear
08-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Hi all, im looking at maybe purchasing a 2008 20ssv with approx 180 hours on it. Looks all in good condition. Anyone got a boat like this that can tell me about them in general or any issues? Cheers

Zim
08-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Hi all, im looking at maybe purchasing a 2008 20ssv with approx 180 hours on it. Looks all in good condition. Anyone got a boat like this that can tell me about them in general or any issues? Cheers

Not really any major issues with these boats. Biggest complaints are with the ballast system. It uses sprinkler valves with 1 intake pump, so it has pretty slow fill times. Also, the swivel racks had some problems with the buttons seizing up, but that may have been replaced already with a pin system.

What are you looking to do with the boat? My 20v has a great wakeboard wake, good surf wake, and slalom wake isn't terrible for a v-drive. It's more of a "do it all" boat, but doesn't do one specific thing exceptionally well. Also, if you're on a big lake that gets really choppy, you may look for something with a little more freeboard.

All in all, nice boats. I've enjoyed mine the last couple years.