PDA

View Full Version : Tower speaker wiring

dgloss
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
Looking for information about running wires for tower speakers. Also advise on an amp to run the Polk Momo WB69 6x9's I want to install. Running a '06 21V with the Kenwood deck and optional amp. Suggestions, directions, placement advise welcome.

Jon
04-09-2007, 07:45 PM
I posted this on the Moomba forum but I'll post again:

I do speaker installs on Supras and Moombas, usually at least one a week. You just drill a few holes and then I use fish tape to pull wire through. If you start at the top and push your wire down the tower you don't even have to use the fish tape then. You go around the hinge of the tower and back in. From there, I stick fish tape up through the hull (drill a hole through the fiberglass underneath the tower mount-the tower is hollow here. Use the opposite side of the tower where the tower light wiring goes through the hull for a reference point to where to drill your hole) into the tower and out just below the joint. I attach my speaker wire to the fish tape using very small zip ties. From there just pull your wiring through and dress up using wiring loom. Should be about a 30 minute job at most.

Just about everybody has their preference on amps but I have used the Kenwood 4 channel amps that Skiers Choice uses and also Cadence amps. Both have worked great. I install Wetsounds exclusively so I can't help you with how to run your speakers. If you haven't bought them already, check out wetsounds.com and look at the pro 80's. Best pair of speakers on the market.

SZEH
04-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Jon,

Where and how do you mount the amps in the 21V's? I have 1 JL Audio 6 channel I want to mount.

Thanks, Scott

Jon
04-11-2007, 12:35 AM
The stock location for the amp is on the reverse side of the front playpen vertical cushion on the port side. When you open up the battery/storage compartment on the 21V, look straight forward and this is the wall you will mount it to. You can mount the amp with screws on this carpeted fiberglass wall. You can also mount to the side wall in that compartment. This will be the wall that on the reverse side will be your playpen walkthrough up to the bow. Just be sure to not use too long of screws.

SZEH
04-11-2007, 07:44 AM
Jon...thanks for the information!

Kevin
04-11-2007, 10:39 AM
SZEH, I am in the process of installing that same JL 6ch in my 21V. I put it on the inside right wall in the storage area under the glove box. I will try to take some pics and put them up.

SZEH
04-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Kevin,

Great...I'd really like to see a few pictures. I'm hoping this amp will help give me a good upgrade to the stock system. I know I'm not going to be killing any fish with the bass, but I hope to at least let them know I'm floating above them. Good luck with the install.

Scott

Kevin
04-19-2007, 09:14 AM
SZEH, I put some pics of my install on wakeboarder.com. Here is the link: http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=68535