PDA

View Full Version : Fat Sac Fittings

CJD
08-22-2014, 10:32 AM
The new 1100# rear locker bags arrived! Just one issue...can someone tell me what the deal is with the connections? I have a 2005 with factory ballast right now, and the fittings on the bags are a quick release with a locking sleeve. There are separate fill and drain fittings.

The new bag came with 3 screw-in fittings, one made to take a push and turn quick release. Just looking, the fitting is made for the later reversible pump type systems, using only a single fitting for fill and drain. Is my assessment correct? The boat is at the lake, so can't look right now to see if the fittings on the old bags are screw-in or not, allowing me to just swap the fittings from the old to the new bags.

I will get around to ballast pump upgrades...but not till next season.

Wylietunes
08-22-2014, 12:37 PM
The Fly High scas do not come with any other fittings because there are too many configuration options when it comes to a plumbed in ballast sac. You need how ever many W736 male sac valve fittings. If you are pulling out a smaller sac to put the W719 in its place, just pull the fittings out of the old sac?

CJD
08-23-2014, 01:17 AM
Thanks, Michael. I found a shop that carries the sac fittings. You are right, there are very many options!

On a side note...the 1100# fat sac in the rear surf side locker of the 24SSV is the ticket for surfing. The 700 pounder was folded over since it was too long, so I think it was only filling about 450#s. The tall 1100 gives the boat a decent list so the wave makes a nice long curl. We now swamp fishing boats and wash kids off the beach with our wave.

Now to upgrade the pumps to make the fill time reasonable...