PDA

View Full Version : Factory SUB

WadsworthSunsport22V
04-11-2007, 09:27 AM
I am looking at adding an aftermarket sub and amp to my 07 Sunsport. Does anyone know if the factory sub is mounted free air on in a box? Is there a factory hole already for the SUB? Also, which model kenwood sub is used?

Thanks

Supra 24 SSV
04-11-2007, 06:30 PM
It is mounted from the factory with free airspace, no enclosure. I bought a new 24SSV and I had the dealer custom build a box around the sub. I have not picked up the boat yet or seen the enclosure, but I am sure it will sund much better with the box than it would have with free airspace. Not sure what model the sub is, but it is a 10". The dealer had to cut the opening for the sub, no factory cutout.

H2Oman
04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
For those interested, if you like more from your sub you will need to upgrade it. I didn't have much luck with the Kenwood from the factory. I ended up putting in an Alpine Type R 12" and a dedicated mono amp for it. I have the two factory amps set up where one runs the tower speakers and the other the interior speakers. I am much happier with the system now.

AusBill32
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
I had no luck with my factory 10 Kenwood sub either in fact, I can't even sell it for $25-$50 bucks, I've been trying. I stuck it in one of my old 10 in boxes I had laying around my garage just to hear what it would sound like and it was pretty flat.

I ended up getting a 15 inch ARC Audio sub installed with a custom built box. It sounds pretty dang awesome when I turn it up.