PDA

View Full Version : 92 Supra Sunsport, PP, Surf/Ballast/Stereo systems, LED's, Tower, Racks, and more.

trayson
09-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Update: Sold! hehe.

Might be getting into a v-drive sooner than I was planning, so I'm posting this up to see if it sells... $15,000

1992 Supra Sunsport 21' Direct drive with Perfect Pass, CUSTOM surf sytem, tower, awesome stereo, tons of LED Accent lights, auto ballast bag, and WAY more. It has 6xx hours on the engine/boat.

This is really one of the best "entry/budget" wake boats you'll find. It's been my baby and I wasn't planning on selling it but I have an opportunity to get into a bigger (and sadly more expensive) V-drive. This boat is sought after since 1992 was the first year that Supra did the ALL composite boats. The older ones have wood stringers and you could be looking at thousands to replace the floor/stringers if you go with an older one. The boat has been upgraded in so many ways to make it totally hold its own with contemporary wake boats. I've tricked out the stereo system and it totally rocks on the water. The graphics are one of a kind and not gaudy or over the top. The color scheme is timeless and classic. And most importantly, it has room for a ton of people and puts out a fantastic slalom wake, a outstanding wakeboard wake, and a best of class surf wake. This boat literally does it all. Do your research and you'll find that this is about the best direct drive wake boat you'll find. These boats don't come up often, and I've never seen one as dialed in as mine.

Features
21 foot with a 'playpen' style open bow
the boat has a wide beam (plenty of room) and TONS of freeboard (sits way up out of the water so you can weight it down easier and not risk taking water over the sides or bow)
PCM 351 Pro Boss v8 engine (6xx hours) with the PCM 1:1 transmission (rebuilt in 2013)
Built in cooler in the open bow walkthrough
Rear trunk
Faria Depth Gauge
Heatercraft 2 port heater with pull out hot tube
Sunbrella custom boat cover (goes around tower legs)
Sunbrella snap on bow cover
Vinyl snap on wind block for under windshield passthrough
Sunbrella bimini top
Fixed (but adjustible) wake plate
Swivel drivers seat with forward/back adjustment
Tilt steering wheel

Upgrades
Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro (cruise control) with paddlewheel speed control and water temp
Navigation lights upgraded to LED's
New Dimensions Wakeboard tower with two built in wakeboard racks (will hold 4 boards)
Light bar on the tower
Dual batteries with a Perko isolator switch
Digital Blue LCD battery guages
Automatic hard plumbed under seat ballast (350 pounds on a reversible impeller pump)
"fake-a-lake" system to run the boat in your driveway off the garden hose
Tower mirror with articulating tower arm bracket
New vinyl graphics for all lettering and exterior accents
Custom "Surf" platform to prevent the platform from digging into the surf wave (still have the OEM platform if wanted)
Custom surf system that is modeled after the Nautique Surf System. It has blades made from HDPE plastic that are mounted to the hull that will delay convergence of the surf waves. This means you can weight the boat EVENLY for surfing and put out a wave better than many v-drives. It also allows for changing from regular to goofy in under 10 seconds. This is truly unique and makes this boat one of the few direct drives out there that totally holds its own as far as surf wave. It's easier to drive with the weight and won't take on water from other boat's rollers.

Maintenance
NEW Vinyl on the trunk lid and the three rear seat cushions.
Completely rebuilt transmission last year
New ring gear
new starter
new starter solenoid
new digital bilge switch
new johnson lowboy bilge pump
new plugs and plug wires
new fuel filter
regular oil changes
new ignition switch
replaced all battery/starter/ground cables with 0 guage welding cable and new terminals
Added a ground bus bar to get better grounds to instruments
New throttle cable
New plastic exhaust ports
Newer winch strap

Stereo System
Kenwood AM/FM CD headunit with Bluetooth, USB, and Aux inputs with wireless remote control
Zone controller EQ that allows you to fade the tower speakers seperate from the boat speakers and sub.
Rockford Fosgate Amp for boat speakers
Rockford Fosgate Amp with bass knob for Subwoofer
Phoenix Gold Ryval Amp for tower speakers
Four MB QUart 6.5" speakers in boat
10" Phoenix Gold subwoofer in a rhino-lined box with a custom cushion on top to make it function as a jump seat
Bazooka 8" Compression Horn Tubbies tower speakers (compression horn speakers are designed to project sound out 50 to 70 feet so you can hear it at surf and wakeboard distances)
Tower speaker covers
Two 12v LED computer fans to cool the battery/amplifier compartment

Lighting
All guages were changed to blue SMD5050 LED's
Court lights changed to blue LED
Navigation and Anchor lights upgraded to LED
Blue LED strip lighting accents throughout the boat (under helm, in compartments, on tower speakers, on boat speakers, on gunwales)
Blue subwoofer LED Ring (can flash to the music if desired)
Blue LED cupholder lights
Blue LED Cupholder glow rings
Blue LED underwater transom lights under the swim platform (6 lights that have 30 SMD5050 chips EACH)

Trailer
SMP tandem axle trailer
Trailer has LED trailer lights with all new wiring
Bearings/brakes were recently done
Trailer guide pads

I am located in Vancouver WA where I-5 and I-205 merge, about a mile off the freeways. I work typical business hours.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RB8J44g2KnU/U4Zri5I3GmI/AAAAAAAAQYQ/ZQ0huKfGqn0/s800/IMG_20130926_180348_995_zps6a686740.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Jc9lgvF5QEI/U5ydfD9TRXI/AAAAAAAAQhg/US7-vPx5EZQ/s800/20140614_120337.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5wOS17wHMnY/U_AJLyRoa0I/AAAAAAAARZM/ceMLYfFto4A/s800/GOPR0298_1408211358485_high.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pBp4xrh68BI/U_4IvYj3ThI/AAAAAAAARjw/He2UD-Lr7T8/s800/20140826_214616.jpg

trayson
09-05-2014, 02:47 PM
I think one would be hard pressed to find a Direct drive boat that puts out as nice of ski/surf/wakeboard wakes with tons of freeboard and as dialed in and setup as this one.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-PsKDAUxbpzg/Up9treCxVaI/AAAAAAAAPk4/iaP1ZWvj8is/s800/DSC_6524.JPG

Slalom Wake:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HNOOY5CHfTI/VAVTBHX95PI/AAAAAAAAT_k/xnEjpEs74mY/s800/20140830_080359.jpg

Wakeboard Wake with 350 pounds ballast only:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Umj5SXIZyMU/VACaOL2H9bI/AAAAAAAASGQ/180QcAhoR4I/s800/photo%25205.JPG

Surf Wave ~2000 pounds of ballast using surf system:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-DjfIZMexo1A/U7hQhfsSH-I/AAAAAAAAQwE/OYPvpv7uQbE/s800/10447160_10152582217419532_6394007103738184166_n.j pg

Cusefan78
09-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Are you getting another supra or something else. Saw your add on only inboards

trayson
09-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Are you getting another supra or something else. Saw your add on only inboards

being tempted by an opportunity to get into a 2008 Moomba XLV. So still skier's choice. I am a sucker for that playpen bow and not many boats have that offered these days, much less in something I could consider getting into.

Cusefan78
09-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Everyone that gets into my boat looks at my playpen and say what's going on there then go up and sit in it and love it. I actually sat in mine for the first time last weekend and loved it. It's a great option

PBWolf
09-05-2014, 05:32 PM
When you say play pen, do you mean the step-over type? I thought mine was also considered play pen, where there is a cushion in the opening to the bow, and no floor - just seats all the way across.

trayson
09-05-2014, 05:43 PM
When you say play pen, do you mean the step-over type? I thought mine was also considered play pen, where there is a cushion in the opening to the bow, and no floor - just seats all the way across.

Playpen bow, like this
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-GzCR4qUVZ7w/UVO5Yte-5fI/AAAAAAAAQRE/ZHhonA07Dq0/s800/photo%2520%25283%2529.jpg

Contrasted with a walkthrough bow where people sitting in the bow can put their feet on the floor.

Cusefan78
09-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Mines and pb have the step over

PBWolf
09-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Mine is like trayson's actually. I mean its open to the rest of the boat, it isn't fully enclosed, you just have to crawl up on the cushion.

trayson
09-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Mine is like trayson's actually. I mean its open to the rest of the boat, it isn't fully enclosed, you just have to crawl up on the cushion.

Yeah, there's a couple types of entries into the playpens, but the big thing is that when sitting in the bow you can't put your feet on the floor and you can't fully walk into the bow staying on the flooring the whole time.

PBWolf
09-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Sorry to hijack your sale post.. just love the Sunsport. My labrisa seems to be lacking a ton of the creature comforts. You've got more cup holders, access panels, plus it's bigger with a lot more freeboard.

trayson
09-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Sorry to hijack your sale post.. just love the Sunsport. My labrisa seems to be lacking a ton of the creature comforts. You've got more cup holders, access panels, plus it's bigger with a lot more freeboard.

No problem. Obviously I love these boats and am happy to chat about them.

so I posted the boat on CL 2 days ago and I sold it today! Boo-ya! V-drive, here I come.

Ptownkid
09-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Nice work dude. What did you end up getting for her?

Cusefan78
09-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Duuuuuude. I can't believe you're going to the moomba darkside. Congrats on the sale. Great boat.

trayson
09-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Duuuuuude. I can't believe you're going to the moomba darkside. Congrats on the sale. Great boat.

Well, there were only a VERY small selection of boats that existed that had the beloved playpen bow. And at least I'm still gonna be Skier's Choice! I'll still be around.

Although I'm not sure what I'll do with my "Supra Boats" t-shirt and hoody!