PDA

View Full Version : Weighting my 2006 Supra Launch 24ssv for Wakeboarding and Wakesurfing

damepet30
09-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Recently got a 2006 Supra Launch 24ssv. The original owner wanted it to be like the Gravity Games Edition. He outfitted it with everything the Games Edition has. So this boat is outfitted with
450 HP Indmar Assault 8.1L Engine
1950lbs of ballast (1150 in the bow and 400 in each of the rear lockers)
Adjustable wake plate

Just wondering what your thoughts are on making the best wake possible for wakeboarding as well as wake surfing? This is my first boat and I don't have much experience with ballasts or creating quality wakes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

garyholl
09-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I had luck with my front ballast 2/3 full and my surf side rear full. A few humans on the Surfside never hurts either.

2500HD
09-24-2014, 10:34 AM
You need the 1100 pound bags in the rear lockers

Emo
08-05-2015, 04:37 PM
I know that this is an old topic, I just recently purchased the same boat I'm wondering if you could post the speed you're running your boat to get a good wake for surfing and also do you have to keep your boat in an aggressive turn to make a good wake for surfing. I purchased an 1100 bag for the side my wife and I surf on(left side) and In order to keep and decent wake I'm turning the boat in a pretty tight circle to keep this wake nice. Any tips you've learned over the years would be greatly appreciated!:)

Zim
08-14-2015, 03:37 PM
If you're turning the boat to make a good wake, that's the same thing as having more weight in the boat. The 24 is a big boat, and it takes a good amount of weight to sink it. Try another 750-900 lb sack on the rear seat of the surf side. Try weight in the bow on the surf side too. You need to get that boat listing pretty good. Also, bring some human ballast out there and have them sit on the swim deck in the rear corner (be safe). The further on the rear corner of the boat you can get the weight, the better.

Speed should be right around 10.8-11.4 from my experience in a 24.