PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Pylon

marvin
09-16-2014, 12:15 PM
I picked up a 88 comp this year (my first inboard). Anyway, the kids are interested in wakeboarding so we are looking for a pylon. I did a search on the forum and never really found the information I was looking for. Whats some input on which pole you guys are using for this year comp I have? I noticed the factory pole in my comp is at an angle, tapered and has a T at the top. We do have a bridge we have to go under. Any help/input would be great.

jasun
09-23-2014, 03:23 PM
My salt came with a similar pylon. I am using a fly high X-pole. I had to cut a little bit off of the T part of my pylon in order for it to slide over.
I have been very happy with it. I was able to find board racks for it and that made it even better.
It takes about 2 to 3 minutes to set up for teardown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zim
09-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Fly High, and Skylon are both very popular brands. The T on your pylon should be able to be knocked out without cutting anything. The angle shouldn't matter, just might look a little goofy.

jasun
09-24-2014, 11:31 AM
How is the T in the pylon?

Zim
09-24-2014, 05:41 PM
How is the T in the pylon?

You have to knock it with a hammer. Lube it up with LOTS of WD40, put a block of wood on the side you're going to smack (so you're not hitting the T directly with the hammer), and brace the other side so you're hitting a solid object (rather than having the pylon flex back and forth as you hit it). You'll need lots of wd40. Hit it on one side, if it wont budge, hit it on the other side. An air hammer can also help if you have access. It's just wedged in there.

marvin
09-27-2014, 11:39 PM
Is it 2 1/2 inch diameter?

cadunkle
09-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Use heat and then penetrant on the pylon pin, then ehat again and knock it out. I used a 4 lb hammer. Probably used a block of wood too as I saved the pin for when I get a tower to return the pylon to original.

Make sure your pylon bolts are tight from bracket into stringers and strut and also from bracket to pylon. The extra leverage can give you grief if anything is loose.

jasun
09-28-2014, 07:20 PM
Marvin, the pylon without the T is 2 1/2