PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Problem No Revrse

tstruth
09-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Hi Folks,

I have a 1986 Supra Comp TS6 w/ a 351W with a tranny problem. No reverse, but forward works fine. The fluid was brown and milky. I tried draining the fluid and trying new. No luck. From what I have read it needs to be rebuilt, bad clutch plates. Am I correct on this? Looking for some information on weather I should send out or rebuild myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Cusefan78
09-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Rebuilding it yourself it's very tough. It could be two things. First I the reverse discs are spent and need to be replaced. This is more then likely if the tranny fluid is burnt. The other option is the pump seals are bad. Either way you have to pull the tranny. May as well rebuild the whole thing. Skidim sells the clutch packs and the seal kit. Also look at the drum for the forward discs and see if you have any hair line cracks. This is a pretty common problem and it'll need to be replaced if you see any. I did a write up on here on how to remove the tranny and do the rebuild with basic tools. Make sure to take lots of pics while you disassemble so you know how it all goes back together.