PDA

View Full Version : Who is done for the season??

DAFF
10-01-2014, 02:46 PM
This weekend was glorious on the water. Temps in the high 70's sun and no wind. As for the long term forecast this region is looking very fall like. Thinking it is the end of another season. It was crappy too, only went out 8 times. :mad:

cjtpilot
10-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Yeah the future looks bleek!!! 55 Sat with a low of 36:( The next week 60's and several days of rain.

BOWZ
10-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Out of town the next few months, winterized and barely got it squeezed in the garage. Sad days, I think I could have gotten another month easily.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/bigbossbowz/03%20SUPRA%20SSV/165E9B49-2B97-4807-8873-FA90C2321D73.jpg (http://s53.photobucket.com/user/bigbossbowz/media/03%20SUPRA%20SSV/165E9B49-2B97-4807-8873-FA90C2321D73.jpg.html)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/bigbossbowz/03%20SUPRA%20SSV/99020F34-1BD2-4039-B70D-8CCFA29A33FD.jpg (http://s53.photobucket.com/user/bigbossbowz/media/03%20SUPRA%20SSV/99020F34-1BD2-4039-B70D-8CCFA29A33FD.jpg.html)

bowz

CJD
10-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm out, here in Ft Worth. Not so much for the temps (still around 90), but our lake dried up! Lake Grapevine is the lowest it's been in the 25 years I've lived here. Can't get the boat off the trailer...so decided to winterize.

PBWolf
10-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Getting ready to winterize here. Temps and water are still decent but a scraped keel and damaged prop (and me with limited funds) are kinda putting a stop to our activities for the season. Just got the boat a couple months ago, only been able to take it out twice - second time out right at the end of the day the prop found a nice pile of rock near the boat launch, and then came in to hot and got sideways when trailering. Sigh.

Jetlink
10-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Tucked mine away for the season last week.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/01/ca2186c976ae0f8eb3bcc023eb0fdf8e.jpg

jkaser1965
10-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Went out on the boat quite a bit last weekend surfing and just floating. But the season is now over here in NE Indiana for us. Had a great year putting 68 hours on our boat. A record for us and much more than the 33 last year :)

jasun
10-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Where in NE Indiana are you? I just took my salt out last weekend too. Going to winterize soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris young
10-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Not done yet. Boat is coming out after Thanksgiving weekend (Oct 13 here in the Great White North). I skied twice this week behind the boats at my club, and we'll keep skiing for a good while yet. The water is still warm enough not to need a shorty.

cadunkle
10-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Probably another month and change or so left for me. Have not used it much this year as it's like pulling teeth to get a third to come out. May not use it any more this season but I always wait until temps dip to freezing at night just in case I can get one last ride in. Heater helps take the edge off, a bit upset my seat furnace seems to have stopped working so I'll have to check that out. These things help get people to come out when it's cold so quite important.

SquamInboards
10-02-2014, 11:12 AM
it's like pulling teeth to get a third to come out.

One thing I really miss about living on the lake is that there's really no Marine Patrol presence mid-week after Labor Day. So we would go without a spotter (except for the dog of course) all the time, right after work. We even set up a rail in front of my house one fall - something that would have really raised a stir in the summer - and wakeskated around the cove, practicing on the rail over and over. It's funny how crowded and regulated the lake is, until suddenly no one cares about anything until next June.

We've gone out without spotters so much of the time that during the 3 months when you really need one, I sometimes forget, until someone points out, uh, don't we need a third?

Cusefan78
10-02-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm so spoiled it's very rare to have the police on my lake. The few times they do show up everyone alerts everyone. Plus most of the time they go after fisherman and leave the skiers and boarders alone.

Bass Ackwardz
10-02-2014, 04:36 PM
I have one more weekend, not this weekend, but the next. That's my last weekend on the boat. I'll winterize after that. I have a few things that need to be taken care of this winter so it's kind of welcome this year.

Bill

gogger
10-02-2014, 06:46 PM
We went out yesterday. 10/1 got in a couple sets. It was around 72 degrees. Water temp was brisk but no wetsuit yet. We are supposed to have a cold weekend. Highs in the 50s. Next wednesday looks like 70's again, but lows in the 40s everynight water temps will be dropping. Going to hold out another week and then think about putting her away. Summer went by too quick.

crystal waters
10-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Pulled mine off the lake last week.
Acid washed and polished it up proper.
Washed the carpets. Fully winterized the engine etc. and cleaned the upholstery.
Covered her up and tucked her way In heated storage until next May.
Always a sad day!

jkaser1965
10-02-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm in Warsaw, In Jasun.

jasun
10-02-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm up on Dallas lake about 35 min from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tg0824SSVGG
10-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Done here in Northern Colorado --- still plenty of days in the 70's + - but the nights are now getting 30 and below.

Besides - 2 weeks ago, my local lake was already 63 degrees.

Nothing like the 95 degree days and 78+ degree water at Lake Powell last week!!!

kennyk69
10-03-2014, 05:49 AM
Summer kinda missed central IN......don't get me wrong it was a nice season, but it only broke 90 twice! It didn't get "warm" till July and then half of the weekends were washouts. Labor Day was wet and with the exception of last weekend it seems like its been crazy windy. Couldn't catch a break.

I drained the block and changed the oil this week......we're done.

michael hunter
10-03-2014, 08:54 AM
We were out yesterday air in the 80s water in the high 70s . I wont be winterizing until late November. For you IN-IL guys if you want to get in a couple more days Clinton lake IL . It has a nuke plant on it the warm side will be open until Oct 15 water temp will be mid 80s.

Jetlink
10-03-2014, 02:01 PM
We were out yesterday air in the 80s water in the high 70s . I wont be winterizing until late November. For you IN-IL guys if you want to get in a couple more days Clinton lake IL . It has a nuke plant on it the warm side will be open until Oct 15 water temp will be mid 80s.

I need to get my "healthy glow" for the winter again so maybe I will give it a try this year.

jkaser1965
10-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Looks like a great lake Jasun. I'm on Chapman Lake which appears to be a bit smaller than Dallas.

gogger
10-03-2014, 09:59 PM
I have to concur that summer never really arrived and then when it did it left too quick. Plus it was a dramatic summer. Bought the 24ssv. Fourth time out fractured the wifes vertebrate at the Southern Reunion. She is still wearing her brace. Doing quite well, and it could have been much worse, but it slowed down the summer. Then my usual boarding buddy, fractured his foot trying to land a flip. Two surgeries later he is still in an air cast. Against all advise he did slip into his board on wednesday and did a little boarding. Luckily we were the only boat on the water and it was pure glass so it was smooth boarding. He was so happy to be on a board again.

Did have one of the best days ever at the reunion before it actually started, the wife and I just anchored and enjoyed a warm day and the water was perfect tempature. Really enjoyed just chilling on the boat that day.

I have lost 70 pounds and finally figured out how to get up on a wakeboard. And I actually really love wakeboarding. Love the feeling outside the wake on glass. Feels like I am flying.

Overall it was cool here in Ohio and we had a lot of rain. After my buddy broke his foot I was lucky to get out once a week. The boys that bought the pirata started going boarding with me, but they are both high school football players and never get tired. We burn a lot of gas when they go with me. But at least one them is a decent driver and I get to board.

Heres to next summer, warm days and finding glass!

Moor
10-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Probably another month and change or so left for me. Have not used it much this year as it's like pulling teeth to get a third to come out. May not use it any more this season but I always wait until temps dip to freezing at night just in case I can get one last ride in. Heater helps take the edge off, a bit upset my seat furnace seems to have stopped working so I'll have to check that out. These things help get people to come out when it's cold so quite important.

i leaving mine in until the last minute also. Like you, i've had a lot of problems finding a third this year, so i did more boating and floating than riding. Definately done surfing this season, but ill get another couple runs around the lake before i winterizer her. Still have some fuel; to burn off before hibernation. And the foliage in the N.E. is spectacular this time of year when the leaves change.

blackout_58
10-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Tomorrow may be our last trip out here in Memphis. If nor tomorrow then next week for sure. With temperatures dropping and very few thirds with our infant, it may be time to winterize.

wotan2525
10-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Water temp is at 58 here. It's been cold but I'm usually fine (even without a wet-suit) down to 53ish. Going to try and get one more surf day in this week. We do have in institute a late season rule, though..... No riders. If you come, you surf.

trayson
10-07-2014, 12:20 PM
We've been having some epic weather here in the PNW. over the weekend it was over 80 degrees and I had smooth water all day long!!!!!!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qR3kBcikYQs/VDF5c2jvU_I/AAAAAAAAUeg/MjUQH54ahMs/s800/20141004_121509.jpg

Plenty of fun being had for sure! Felt like summer all over again!
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dvuTar3ggUQ/VDIY7RcrcVI/AAAAAAAAUfI/6KyT_Mue_14/s800/GOPR1259.JPG

Water temp at 9am in the main channel was down to 56, but then later in the day it was 67 so back to the heater top and shorts for me! (and I'm a wimp).

I have a drysuit, gloves, booties, and a neoprene cap, so I can certainly do cold temps. Last year we did a NYD run where the air was 55 and the water was 42.

The problem here will be when the evening temps start dipping below freezing, but that shouldn't happen for a while. We're running out of daylight though. sunset about 6:30pm right now.

I'll definitely be taking the boat out on Friday, maybe Thursday too. Today will be 81, then 77, 77, and 73. Never really have to worry about the Columbia River getting too low. so that's nice.

cadunkle
10-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Cold water isn't so bad when you get get out and warm up with 80* air. That's a big water temp swing though! River is mid 60s here, getting brisk but feels good in the morning with the frigid air. Hopefully I can get out again before the water temp drops for real.

Moor
10-13-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm officially done for the season. Pulled the boat out of the water Saturday. winterization this week. The Lake association opens the damn and starts lowering the lake on the 15th. looks like im down to the row boat until its frozen enough to ride the quads on. I hate this time of year

shnook1
10-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Out yesterday for a few hrs. Water still feels nice in main lake, however could definitely tell a difference when we went up river. Still made for a nice day.

SquamInboards
10-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Winterized the boat earlier than ever (that I can remember) this past Saturday. Hoisted it up in a boathouse where it will spend the winter sitting on 6"x8" beams, 3' above the water. So close, yet so far.

I didn't run it this year after draining it, but I poured non-toxic antifreeze into various hoses to get it into the manifolds, water pump, heater, block, etc. so I am satisfied that it is well-protected. I still have to grab the batteries out of the boat, but they're switched 'off' for the first time since April.

I made it through a whole season with no issues. The exhaust hose overheating notwithstanding, because that's not really an "issue" with the silicone hoses in place. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

1531.9 hours at the end of this year. I put on about 60 hours this year, which I thought was pretty good considering I had a 2-yr-old and pregnant wife to work with. I used to do 100 - 150 hrs a summer... but I wouldn't go back.

trayson
10-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Sunny and 74 on tap for this weekend in the PNW. We'll definitely be out on the water.

Moor
10-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Trayson, when/why did you sell the Sunsport? How do you like the Moomba?

jtryon
10-20-2014, 10:54 AM
went this weekend. saturday was warm at 65 degree air temp and 61 water temp, but yesterday was COLD at 43 air and 58 water temp. i would've just stayed in the water because that was warm considering. might be the last weekend out, although it's supposed to be in the 60's again this weekend back home. might take her out one last time.

trayson
10-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Trayson, when/why did you sell the Sunsport? How do you like the Moomba?

I really had no intensions of selling the Sunsport so soon. In fact, right before labor day I was modding the sunsport, adding the LED cupholder rings. On the Wednesday after Labor Day weekend, I got a private message from a guy on the Moomba Forum. Him and I had talked about surfboards and surf systems before. I'd told him that I loved his XLV and thought the color scheme was just perfect. The seating layout of the XLV put it on my list of boats that I could see myself upgrading into.

He told me that he was getting out of boating, buying some land, building a house, and focusing on motorcycle racing and gave me first option to buy his XLV. He offered it to me at a great price that made it worthwhile, even with having it shipped from Indiana to WA.

I talked to my wife and she was onboard. That Thursday after labor day I put the Sunsport up on craigslist. I got an inquiry the next day, and on that Saturday I was taking the prospective buyers out for a demo on the water. Turns out that the buyer's best friend was a guy that I've been friends with for over a decade. So it was a fantastic day on the water. Over 90 degree temps, the surf wave was as good as it'd ever been. The music was rocking and needless to say, they were enthusiastic.

He was looking for a budget turnkey surf boat, and my sunsport was honestly perfect for him. After a few sets, we drained the bags and started negotiating a price. He took delivery that night and was out on the water with his family the next day.

It took a couple weeks to get my new boat (2008 Moomba Mobius XLV 23') over to me, but it's been fantastic. I love the room, the performance. It's just a great all around boat. Hell, yesterday we were out wakeboarding and had the 650 pound center bag filled. I wanted to take a slalom run and was too lazy to drain the bag (only to refill it after because we were going to continue wakeboarding and surfing after). So I did a slalom freeski run with 650 pounds of ballast! Ha!

The XLV was a great platform to start modding too! It has a ton of modern conveniences, I ADORE the fuel injected engine. It actually uses LESS gas than the Sunsport did! So far I've cleaned up some wiring issues on the stereo, replaced the tower speakers with a Kicker HLCD setup, swapped out the trailer jack to a Fulton F2, added ratcheting/retractable rear tie downs, changed out the trailer winch to a nice Fulton, added an 1100 bag so both of the rear lockers have them, and replaced all the bungees on the racks and cargo bimini.

Over the winter I plan to install a 4 port heatercraft heater and hopefully do some LED lighting upgrades.

I'm pretty sure that this will end up being my "forever boat". I'll be happy with it for a long, long time.

chris young
10-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Mine came out on Friday. Went up for the Thanksgiving weekend, skied glass Sat, Sun, Mon, then big winds blew in so I windsurfed Tuesday, and finally skied one crappy set in way too bumpy water on Thursday when my best friend came out for a cruise and dinner. Pulled the boat out on Friday, and closed the cottage on Saturday. Unfortunately my railway didn't do well this time around so a 3 hour job ended up taking a day a half. As a result, I didn't get a chance to change the oil or pull the neutral safety switch (it was giving trouble so I had to bypass it for the bulk of the season (only started it in gear once :p). I tried to order one from the local velvet drive guys but they couldn't tell from my photos whether I needed just the replacement switch or the adapter plate as well. I also planned on loosening the strut and re aligning the prop shaft, didn't get that done either. I did manage to suck the antifreeze through and drain the block and manifolds, so that's all good.

Bass Ackwardz
10-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Thank God something came up last weekend and I couldn't make it out to winterize the boat. Its supposed to be 79 here this weekend with 60 degree water temps so I will get a couple more rides in this weekend. I really don't want to stop boarding for the winter and hope its a quick, mild one, but we all know how that goes. I'll go ahead and winterize the following Friday on my day off...

Bill

Blackntan90
10-24-2014, 05:47 AM
Put the old Mariah up for the winter. Anti-freeze and fogged the engine, everything that could be removed at home. A sad, sad day. Now to get the prop gone over this winter, and alot of trailer work as the cross supports are rusting through...

Moor
10-24-2014, 02:55 PM
I really had no intensions of selling the Sunsport so soon. In fact, right before labor day I was modding the sunsport, adding the LED cupholder rings. On the Wednesday after Labor Day weekend, I got a private message from a guy on the Moomba Forum. Him and I had talked about surfboards and surf systems before. I'd told him that I loved his XLV and thought the color scheme was just perfect. The seating layout of the XLV put it on my list of boats that I could see myself upgrading into.

He told me that he was getting out of boating, buying some land, building a house, and focusing on motorcycle racing and gave me first option to buy his XLV. He offered it to me at a great price that made it worthwhile, even with having it shipped from Indiana to WA.

I talked to my wife and she was onboard. That Thursday after labor day I put the Sunsport up on craigslist. I got an inquiry the next day, and on that Saturday I was taking the prospective buyers out for a demo on the water. Turns out that the buyer's best friend was a guy that I've been friends with for over a decade. So it was a fantastic day on the water. Over 90 degree temps, the surf wave was as good as it'd ever been. The music was rocking and needless to say, they were enthusiastic.

He was looking for a budget turnkey surf boat, and my sunsport was honestly perfect for him. After a few sets, we drained the bags and started negotiating a price. He took delivery that night and was out on the water with his family the next day.

It took a couple weeks to get my new boat (2008 Moomba Mobius XLV 23') over to me, but it's been fantastic. I love the room, the performance. It's just a great all around boat. Hell, yesterday we were out wakeboarding and had the 650 pound center bag filled. I wanted to take a slalom run and was too lazy to drain the bag (only to refill it after because we were going to continue wakeboarding and surfing after). So I did a slalom freeski run with 650 pounds of ballast! Ha!

The XLV was a great platform to start modding too! It has a ton of modern conveniences, I ADORE the fuel injected engine. It actually uses LESS gas than the Sunsport did! So far I've cleaned up some wiring issues on the stereo, replaced the tower speakers with a Kicker HLCD setup, swapped out the trailer jack to a Fulton F2, added ratcheting/retractable rear tie downs, changed out the trailer winch to a nice Fulton, added an 1100 bag so both of the rear lockers have them, and replaced all the bungees on the racks and cargo bimini.

Over the winter I plan to install a 4 port heatercraft heater and hopefully do some LED lighting upgrades.

I'm pretty sure that this will end up being my "forever boat". I'll be happy with it for a long, long time.

Sounds like a deal that you just couldn't pass up. At least the sunsport will go to a good home, But i will say i'll miss reading write-ups about modding the sunsport. I dig the moomba. Thats a nice looking boat, I'm sure she will serve you and your family well for many years to come. Enjoy!

FloridaBoy
10-25-2014, 11:50 AM
in florida the cold season is about 8 weeks in jan - feb.
no winterization required here.

meteorman
10-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Winterized last weekend - my first time with this boat. I decided to pull the ballast bags out and store them in my basement for the winter. I recommend this, especially given what I found under the front bag. I'm thinking this might be its first time out of the boat.

Supra_Comp
10-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Winterized and fogged my Comp yesterday, we are getting below 5*C temps up here in southern Ontario!

Pulled up the foot tray and noticed a wee bit of water in the hull. Looked at the rub rail, looks like the silicone has come apart from the rub rail when we supported the hull during the re-build. Luckily the foam is sealed and isn't absorbing any! Try and suck any extra up in the spring.

trayson
10-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Sounds like a deal that you just couldn't pass up. At least the sunsport will go to a good home, But i will say i'll miss reading write-ups about modding the sunsport. I dig the moomba. Thats a nice looking boat, I'm sure she will serve you and your family well for many years to come. Enjoy!

Yeah, we love the Moomba and I don't regret the upgrade at all. We're taking it out today Weather *might* hit 61 today. While we're out there, it should be upper 50's and low 50's by the time we lose sunlight. Water temp should be about 55 or 56 degrees...

Cusefan78
10-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Water temp was 48 degrees. Weather was sunny Friday and Saturday morning. Decided to drop the labrisa back in the water. No skiing but enjoyed the boat rides enough to make rewinterizing worth it. This morning I pulled it back out winterized it and shrink wrapped it. My season is now over. Water level is so low my boat ramp on my island was not long enough. getting it back out was a pita. Thank god for the winch on the jeep.

inair
10-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Mrs Inair and I were out yesterday. It will have been the last time out this year. But wow! Oct 27 and temps at Westpoint lake int the high 80s. Water was quite cool but really great time.

http://vid1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb375/kennash737/IMG_0613.mp4

BOWZ
10-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Winterized last weekend - my first time with this boat. I decided to pull the ballast bags out and store them in my basement for the winter. I recommend this, especially given what I found under the front bag. I'm thinking this might be its first time out of the boat.

Mine looked the same way, pressure washed it, good as new!

bowz

wotan2525
10-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Winterized last night. Was hoping for one more surf night (water temps are still 54F) but have already moved on to fall activities.....

cadunkle
10-31-2014, 10:08 PM
Haven't got out this month but had a pretty good shot at a crew this weekend... But scheduled downpour all day Saturday and 20 MPH winds Sunday. I drained the block and manifolds a few weeks ago as we had a few nights skirting around freezing. Will probably run it to temp Sunday, clean it up, and do the winterization. Only 6 months or so until we start getting some nice warm days...

MJHKnox
11-01-2014, 02:29 AM
Finished the winterization process today. Air 50' / Water 55'. Partial rain.
Calling for snow in the smoky mountains on Sat.

Hope to get some nicer weather on Sun and Mon.
I just need to get my carpets dried out, conditioner on the vinyl, and the last wax of the season.

I can start to think about spring once I complete a few snowboarding trips out west.

Mark

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/31/212152f59ed28fb4bba26134afa10339.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

garyholl
11-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Will not winterize as long as my seat covers are still looking like this. ..

2500HD
11-03-2014, 09:24 PM
All done. The lake closed on november 1st and we got 3 inches of snow last night. I'll finish winterizing this weekend.......until powell next spring!

cadunkle
11-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Didn't get to freezing last night but winterized Sunday anyway. Still getting nice warm still days occasionally but always during the week and weekends are cold/rain/windy. I throw in the towel and hope next year is warmer.

SupraLaunch21V
11-04-2014, 12:55 PM
not yet . . still a few more days. . .
http://i.imgur.com/iVeMn9G.jpg

SupraLaunch21V
11-04-2014, 12:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/E4qekpf.jpg

BOWZ
11-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Yep, very jealous of you John Young. Looks like you have a beautiful place there! Maybe one day I can look out the front door and see my boat in the water.

bowz

SupraLaunch21V
11-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks BOWZ, it was a rental that we had for a week. I was so excited to get there - images of smokey glass water to carve up on my ski in an early 6 am sesh - wake up the kids and take them for a boat ride - etc etc etc got there and at the ramp the depth was 27", made my way out to the middle of the cove where it was supposed to be 15' and it was 3 1/2 - 4 feet. pucker factor was extreme and then inevitably, hit a stump. Got out and walked the path back to the dock - stumps everywhere! everty time we went boating i had to walk the boat out until i got to a clearing. did get some decent pictures, but no good boating to speak of. THis is probably the last weekend before winterizing. Hello winter projects!

trayson
11-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Went out for the last run in the boat on Saturday. Made it a week longer than last year. air temp 60, water temp 53.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lD20sjYYcEI/VF7W5doZpnI/AAAAAAAAWqc/QbAAGxynFLo/s800/20141108_151402.jpeg

Clouds were really cool
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-a1WuVVkjw8s/VF7fivToaZI/AAAAAAAAWtY/Pj33xZKSDTg/s800/G0203696.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FRL-C-oF3Bo/VF7eyl-mNjI/AAAAAAAAWsw/9tt6i4qwTHw/s800/G0133494.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZhvXalaFO28/VF7ghkljVEI/AAAAAAAAWts/TUddZl2qag4/s800/G0304006.JPG

Came home, unloaded most the gear from the boat. Don't think we'll get another day like Saturday. Winterized tonight (Sunday), Tuesday night it dips below freezing.

I'd say that winterizing the vdrive was just as easy if not easier than winterizing the direct drive. that made me happy.

Have a metal carport being built soon, was hoping the boat will be put away under it SOON!!! The boat's cover is awesome, but a carport will be 10x nicer.