PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Supra Sport for sale

Shannejovi
10-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Hey Guys....

Im looking to sell one of a few projects over here at my boat shop. The boat currently for sale is a "project" boat that has already had all of the hard work done and just needs paint and interior. Good for someone that still wants to pick their own colors!! The floor and stringers have already been done and as a matter of fact they were actually done at Skiers Choice (Moomba Supra) factory. Composite Floor and glassed in stringers, this floor is just as good as a new one. The motor is a 351 totally gone through with right around 250 hours on it. All interior and teak and railings are included. Comes with a few upgraded items for the brain and wiring. This boat sits on a brand new SMP trailer, that has seen very few highway miles.
I have 3 too many older Supra projects in the mix at the moment and am looking to liquidate a few things here at the shop. As an option, I will offer anyone who wants to have the interior done and the gel coat applied as this is what I do here at my shop. I Have over 15 years experience at building boats and re-finishing and repairing fiberglass and custom gel coat. Metal flake cost extra, but we can do that too..
I am asking $6,000 obo for this boat. most of theses boats you find need motor work and floors and stringers and paint work etc..... And usually a very old trailer with it. I charge around $2,500 for floors and stringers and motor work varies depending on the condition. And to strip and paint and update an older trailer cost $1,500-@2,000. I feel like this is a fair price for this boat, but am willing to take offers. Either way, I would like for someone to take her home and finish her to their taste.
I am willing to sell the boat with a different trailer or no trailer at all if someone wanted.
I will post pictures over the weekend or you can pm me and I can send them directly..
Thanks,
Shanne

michael hunter
10-04-2014, 08:29 AM
2500 for stringers and floor is a bargain. Do you have any pics of your work? Where are you located?

Shannejovi
10-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Im located in powell Tn. about 15 min from knoxville, Tn. i just did another floor and stringer for a buddy of mine for a sport. I am not the most expensive, but also not the cheapest. That price is an average price. Depends on how much of the work the owner does himself. I can do pretty much anything boat related so if you need anything done, just hit me up and I can get you a price. i have a web site www.myboatneedswork.com but will be posting some pics on here over the weekend. The guy Im doing work for has posted some pics on here of what we are doing on his boat, Ill have to check and see what he is listed as on here. I worked at Sea Ray boats in Vonore for years and Malibu Boats for a combined 10 years. My shop is within 30 min of Malibu and Skiers Choice, about 45 from Mastercraft. I travel and pick up and deliver boats too.

[email protected]

Southerngrounds
10-04-2014, 09:44 PM
He did my stringers, floors, and transom. They did a great job and had it done quick (about a week). He will also be doing my gel coat. It's been a pleasurable experience so far. He is full of knowledge and came highly recommended ( many of the local dealers use him for fiberglass and gel coat work).

haugy
10-06-2014, 04:19 PM
2500 for stringers and floor is a bargain. Do you have any pics of your work?

This, I'd like to see some work as well.

jtryon
10-06-2014, 08:00 PM
yeah what they said, that's an awesome price and quick turnaround!

Southerngrounds
10-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Here are some pictures of my floor he did 15187 15188 15189 15190

haugy
10-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Here are some pictures of my floor he did 15187 15188 15189 15190

Thanks for the pics. How long have you been on the boat with the new floor?

Southerngrounds
10-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the pics. How long have you been on the boat with the new floor?

I'm not understanding your question. If your asking how long Have I been working on the boat, I started working on it about a month or so. I've been busy with work so progress has slowed.

Southerngrounds
10-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Here is a supra that was hit by a bass boat that shanne fixed. He had to pull a mold off of the front section in order to fix it. It was crazy. They cut the front half of the cap off then pulled a plug from the mold they made. When it was finished you couldn't even notice it has been wrecked.