PDA

View Full Version : New board on the way! Can't wait for my Doomswell Nubstep!

trayson
10-06-2014, 01:14 PM
So, I have a little something that shipped on Thursday. 6 weeks ago I pulled the trigger on a Doomswell Nubstep 4'6". The day after I ordered it, my wife got in touch with Brock and had him put some custom graphics on it for me. Definitely a tribute to my recently sold boat (Stormtrooper) and the new boat (Yes, we're calling it the Death Star).

I am super stoked to ride it. Should show up on Thursday. I rode a 4'4 Drone squashtail and from the sounds of it, the Nubstep should be a slight step up in capabilities from the drone, so I'm taking a chance on riding an unknown, but the Drone blew my mind, so I'm stoked for the Nubstep.

I ordered the board with black traction down the center and blue traction on the outsides, but Agenda was backordered and Brock wanted to get me on the water sooner, so he's gonna hook me up with the right colors when he gets them in. Serious customer service there.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9iOiuKtn9BM/VDLEcP1HbPI/AAAAAAAAUfc/qMovVMEw9VY/s800/IMG957298.jpg

Rakkasanscout187
03-01-2015, 08:48 PM
I was actually looking at that same board today. That and the Neo can't decide. I want to get a good surf style board and also a good skim board. Lake wakes flying saucer seems to be a good one. Any thoughts?

trayson
03-01-2015, 09:30 PM
I was actually looking at that same board today. That and the Neo can't decide. I want to get a good surf style board and also a good skim board. Lake wakes flying saucer seems to be a good one. Any thoughts?

Well, I haven't ridden a Neo. I have ridden a Doomswell Drone and of course my Nubstep. They are great and
I can't imagine you'd be disappointed. They're a reasonable pricepoint relative to other boards of that caliber.

As far as the flying saucer, I'm one of the few that's ridden one of those. It's a fast and responsive board. It's a good value as well as it rides at the same level as the bigger name comparables (victoria, soulcraft, P5 and costs a bit less.

With the soucraft, you need to ride it smoothly and not erratically. it loves long hard carves.

The lakewakes you need to be on your game, it's not one of those that you just relax on and cruise, Haha.

Rakkasanscout187
03-04-2015, 12:57 AM
Thats good to now. As of right now I'm riding a Liquid Force Fish. It was a good board to learn on, but I feel like I am unable to progresses on it. Id like to get a board that if I want to just cruise I can do that and if I want to get a little bit more technical I can. I feel like the Nubstep or Neo would be a good board that could fit those requirements. Then getting a skim style board would let me play around.

trayson
03-04-2015, 01:36 AM
Thats good to now. As of right now I'm riding a Liquid Force Fish. It was a good board to learn on, but I feel like I am unable to progresses on it. Id like to get a board that if I want to just cruise I can do that and if I want to get a little bit more technical I can. I feel like the Nubstep or Neo would be a good board that could fit those requirements. Then getting a skim style board would let me play around.
Sounds like a good plan. If you've mastered the fish, you're definitely ready for a Doomswell. It's not a "mindless cruiser" like the fish, but it's not as skiddish as the Saucer.

Also just for kicks (and per a request from Mark at Lakewakes) I weighed my 4'6 nubstep at 6.0 pounds with the 2 big fins and traction. The Saucer was 6.2 pounds with the 1 fin and agenda traction.

Rakkasanscout187
03-04-2015, 02:28 AM
Im prob going to go with the Nubstep, but want to have some decals added to the board. Id also like to see if they can do a red and black board for me. Im currently overseas right now and won't be back home until mid June. So I'm trying to get everything ready for then. Hey quick question. I found a Z5 cargo rack on eBay, but it says its for the progressive tower. Does my 2006 supra have the progressive tower? I was thinking it didn't. Thanks for the help.

trayson
03-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Im prob going to go with the Nubstep, but want to have some decals added to the board. Id also like to see if they can do a red and black board for me. Im currently overseas right now and won't be back home until mid June. So I'm trying to get everything ready for then. Hey quick question. I found a Z5 cargo rack on eBay, but it says its for the progressive tower. Does my 2006 supra have the progressive tower? I was thinking it didn't. Thanks for the help.

Yes, they can definitely make it red and black. that's easy and costs very little. For decals, you'd need to email them with the images, but that can obviously be done if you look at my board.

I have NO IDEA on what towers are on Supras (or Moombas for that matter really). Post up a thread here, I'm sure someone can help.

Rakkasanscout187
03-04-2015, 12:30 PM
OK. No worries. Im going to give them a call on the board. Thanks for all the info.

trayson
03-04-2015, 12:45 PM
OK. No worries. Im going to give them a call on the board. Thanks for all the info.

Tell Brock that you were talking with me and that I said he'd take good care of you. He's a great guy. You're probably looking at about a 6 week lead time on the board.

Rakkasanscout187
03-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Will do. Thanks again for your input and help. Ill be sure to post some pictures of it when it gets done.