PDA

View Full Version : 08 supra 24ssv several questions

satisfied
10-12-2014, 08:44 PM
We are new owners first off to this style boat..yet I've owned well over 20 bass boats but I'm new to this side of the water. .we bought the boat for well under 30 grand..it has 234hrs..we are having to replace most all the rear interior which I'm ordering from supra this week...the last owner said boat had a bad vibration...I did notice prop is bent on 1 blade and steering under the console has some very small play in it..what other areas will cause a vibration that I myself can see and possibly fix to save some funds..or should I just carry to dealer and fork the bill over
This is the boat we purchased. .

BOWZ
10-12-2014, 11:34 PM
looks like you got a steal! do shaft run out, see if the shaft got bent. also check the gap between v-drive output and shaft. I'm sure others will chime in. good luck looks like a beautiful boat

bowz

Ptownkid
10-13-2014, 09:15 AM
I saw this one...wondered if it was legit at the price. Hope that there's no hidden issues and that the vibration can be fixed easily. Honestly...unless you are sure of what to look for, it might be best to have a dealer at least check it out. Looks great!

satisfied
10-13-2014, 10:57 AM
They lady we bought it from just had a dealer in Alabama ck in our they spent just over 1500 in repairs..so motor wise it seems fine..but the vibration is still there...is there a certain way to ck the shaft

docdrs
10-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Check the alignment at the props haft vdrive coupler. You are best to do it yourself. Here is a good link,
http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?10834-Prop-Shaft-Alignment-Yearly-Maintenance-Item

also check the motor transmission to hull mounts for rubber deformation. The 08's have a dripless seal check it while running for leakage.