PDA

View Full Version : Carpet color????

cjtpilot
11-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Ok I am replacing the carpet in my comp and would like others opinion on which color or even better yet if you have one of these colors in your boat some pics or opinion of what it looks like. Navy, Black Blue, or Midnight (dark grey which is in now)

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Overtons-Malibu-20-oz-Marine-Carpet-7-Wide&i=97895&r=view&from=grid

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Overtons-Malibu-20-oz-Marine-Carpet-7-Wide&i=97895&r=view&from=grid

Jetlink
11-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Why not consider "Jade" or "Wine" for your color choices? :D

cjtpilot
11-10-2014, 12:20 PM
I don't want it to clash with you thong Jetlink;)

lmnelson86
11-10-2014, 12:51 PM
cjtpiot, here are some pics of my carpet as you requested. Not the best pics but it gives you the idea. I hope this helps.

Luke

lmnelson86
11-10-2014, 01:03 PM
The past owner had repaired the floor once, and installed grey carpet. He only replaced the carpet in the main part of the boat, so heres a shot of what that looked like. I don't like carpet so neither of them work for me. I would choose blue if I had a choice. Hope this helps as well.

cjtpilot
11-10-2014, 01:23 PM
The past owner had repaired the floor once, and installed grey carpet. He only replaced the carpet in the main part of the boat, so heres a shot of what that looked like. I don't like carpet so neither of them work for me. I would choose blue if I had a choice. Hope this helps as well.

I have the grey in there now, and it seems like all the new boats have some kind of greyish. I just want something different but not gawdy so I am wondering how a blue would work with the grey and Navy blue color scheme.

lmnelson86
11-10-2014, 03:12 PM
I would go with blue, I feel that it will hide more dirty spots and truthfully if everyone is going grey, that's reason enough to go blue!

I have the grey in there now, and it seems like all the new boats have some kind of greyish. I just want something different but not gawdy so I am wondering how a blue would work with the grey and Navy blue color scheme.

michael hunter
11-10-2014, 05:56 PM
I am doing a stringer job and interior on a 84 comp navy blue and gray hull. It had gray carpet with the rainbow striped and lite gray seats. I went with Indigo blue carpet and lite gray with dark blue piping for the seats. I just put the cap back on today I will take pics tomorrow in the sun. The blue carpet really makes the lite gray pop.

lmnelson86
11-10-2014, 06:31 PM
I am interested in seeing this, as this is my boats color combination. I may re-paint and do a silver/blue theme, not sure yet.

I am doing a stringer job and interior on a 84 comp navy blue and gray hull. It had gray carpet with the rainbow striped and lite gray seats. I went with Indigo blue carpet and lite gray with dark blue piping for the seats. I just put the cap back on today I will take pics tomorrow in the sun. The blue carpet really makes the lite gray pop.