PDA

View Full Version : Wanted

Jetlink
11-10-2014, 03:43 PM
I am looking for the removable swim platform brackets that Supra switched to in the late 80's, I think around '88 or '89. I know Mr. Hunter's Sunsport has the bracket style I am looking for. Called Skiers Choice today and they don't have any in stock anymore so if any of you have three collecting dust somewhere, I would be interested.

Cusefan78
11-10-2014, 05:22 PM
I might have some available. I'm debating on taking mine off and doing a teak platform. I think im going to install different brackets

michael hunter
11-10-2014, 05:26 PM
My 92 comp has those brackets

cjtpilot
11-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Do either of you know where I can get those rubber pads that go in between the brackets and the base on the boat?

Cusefan78
11-10-2014, 08:07 PM
I would check overtons or west marine. Those are going to be a tough one. You may have to make something up. I'll let you know in a week or two if Im going to tackle building a teak platform. If I do it, te brackets are all yours.

Jetlink
11-10-2014, 10:35 PM
I've already checked all those places, there is one place that come close but before I pull the trigger on something like that which would still require modifications, I figured I would look here to see if there were any collecting dust somewhere. Keep me posted though.

supra790
11-12-2014, 05:02 AM
Check with mike at alloymarine.com

jasun
11-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Let me know if you find any. I want some too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crystal waters
12-04-2014, 11:21 PM
I used the adhesive foam tape that one places along the edge of a pickup bed before placing the canopy over the bed.
Works great .
If not thick enough then double it up!
For me it got rid of the rattles that the grid brackets made male against female ( don't go there!) when idling etc.

cjtpilot
12-05-2014, 09:31 AM
I used the adhesive foam tape that one places along the edge of a pickup bed before placing the canopy over the bed.
Works great .
If not thick enough then double it up!
For me it got rid of the rattles that the grid brackets made male against female ( don't go there!) when idling etc.

Thanks, thats exactly why I am looking for something

crystal waters
12-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Glad I could help.
Put on one layer of the tape and re install the grid.
If still some play then add a second layer. Doing that you will find you will need to really push it tight to insert your pins to hold your bracket on.
Did this three years ago and still working great!