PDA

View Full Version : Garage/shop heater

NoWake
11-14-2014, 06:17 PM
This cold snap got me interested in some workshop heaters. What are some people's favorite systems? I brought home a 200,000 BTU Mr. Heater today but not ready to give any reviews until I've logged some hours on it.

jasun
11-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Is it an LP or kerosine?
I was using a forced air kerosine and it worked but I got tired of smelling bad when I got done working so I got a mr heater LP heater. Looks like a trash can. I love it. I have a fan mounted on the wall that keeps it even. I'm heating a 16x20 shop so I think I got the 80k btu heater. If it is one like I thjnk it is, you will like it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CornRickey
11-15-2014, 04:53 PM
I like my pellet stove.

NoWake
11-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Yes, Jasun, just like a garbage can! It is the 75,000 to 200,000 Btu Mr heater. A little bigger. I guess what I am really interested in is safety and low cost comfort. I kinda felt like I was starting a fire in the middle of my shop! Burning inside air an all. It was the first burn and a little smelly, assume from being new. My comp is from northeast Indiana, and never had an insulated garage. Also doesn't get to cold down here but just tricked out the shop and looking forward to some winter projects.

Corn, I use wood heat heat in the house... Where is your pellet stove located in relation to boat, vehicle or what not?

Hagman
11-16-2014, 12:46 PM
I’m a Home Builder in Oregon. I asked my heating & cooling guy to hook me up with a used electric furnace for temp heat. Also work grate for heating the shop. If you don’t have enough power to run it unplug one of the heat strips.