PDA

View Full Version : How did I do?

astyles
11-15-2014, 05:10 PM
1990 SunSport with 800 hours. Picked it up at a local dealership , what do you think? Runs and sounds great, newer tires and the guy put a brand new prop on it. Originally were asking 8k and I got them down to 6500. No leakdown test yet, stringers pass the tap test but I did find one really soft spot in the floor by the back seat after I got home (D'Oh!). Now I just need to get this thing under the covers before it might snow tomorrow!

Pics:
http://s96.photobucket.com/user/ayestyles_247/library/Boat/boat2

CornRickey
11-15-2014, 10:22 PM
Congrats on the purchase. It's a tough thing buying a boat and have to wait for the sun! A soft spot in the floor is a symptom of something larger underneath it IMHO.

TitanTn
11-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Beautiful boat! Congrats! I agree with CornRickey though - you need to start reading up on stringer repairs or be finding someone close to you that does them.

Okie Boarder
11-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Nice! I started looking at the pics and thought, hmmm that looks like OK. When I saw the for sale sign I knew it. Too bad I'm not up in the Tulsa area anymore...would be fun to meet up with you.

astyles
11-30-2014, 03:25 AM
Thanks guys, I am going to get a leak down test done this coming week at a local shop. I'm paying for an hour of shop time. Can you think of anything else obvious I could have them look over for me while it is in there? If anyone knows a good shop in the Tulsa area that can do a leak-down and would be willing to take a look at stringers closer than me for an hour of labor kindly let me know! I will of course have them winterize everything as well.

Okieboarder- whats up man I'm in Bixby. Well, if my boat runs as good as it looks I will be able to offer you a ride if you are ever in the hood again!

CornRickey
11-30-2014, 07:04 AM
Why bother with a leak down after you have already bought it?

Montgomery
12-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Nice! Looks like it's in good shape. I've had my 91 Sunsport for about 8 years now and still love it. These things throw a big wake with some weight in them

cadunkle
12-08-2014, 11:23 PM
I think you did fine on it. $6500 is a plenty fair price. Already been compounded and polished from the looks of it and upholstery is good. With a soft spot it'll probably need stringers eventually but if they sound solid you're probably got a while yet before that becomes an issue. Bet you can't wait for summer!

Okie Boarder
12-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Okieboarder- whats up man I'm in Bixby. Well, if my boat runs as good as it looks I will be able to offer you a ride if you are ever in the hood again!

I may take you up on that. Sometimes I'm in the Tulsa area for work and stay the night. An evening session during the week would be fun. If you're ever down near the OKC area, let me know.