PDA

View Full Version : HO Freeride

ssa
12-03-2014, 10:41 PM
I ordered a HO Freeride last week and it came in on saturday. Was wondering if anyone has one or has tried one out and what you think about it. Figured I'd give it a try for when its too rough for my Radar Theory.15346

Cusefan78
12-05-2014, 07:18 PM
I tried one over the summer when I was visiting a buddy down south. It's very stable and you're going to notice it very slow compared to your radar. I have a strada and it felt like I was stuck in the water compared to my radar. For rough water it will be much easier and its a good open water ski at slower speeds.

ssa
12-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. What speed were you riding it at? It says you can slow down to wakeboard speeds on their video.

Cusefan78
12-06-2014, 09:46 AM
I ski at 34/36 depending on how aggressive I am that day. The freeride is a wide body ski so it's not going to take much to get you out and ride. Very stable and fun recreational ski. You aren't going to top you pb with that ski but it will be an effortless ski to ride. I have a buddy who can do flips with it like a wakeboard.

Lance
12-06-2014, 02:57 PM
It is fun ski to ride and a great all around ski. It's been the best ski for getting beginners up that were having trouble on a fat boy. Its been great for intermediate skiers that just love to carve on open water. This ski has been the best purchase one piece equipment that everybody in the boat can use and have fun on. I personally may ride a touch slower depending on water conditions , but not as slow as wakeboard speed.

Cusefan78
12-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Wakeboard speed seems way too slow.

ssa
12-06-2014, 05:41 PM
It seems too slow to me also. But 1 minute in on this video they're saying wakeboard speeds and then specifically 23mph. I don't know but I guess I'll find out. Got it half off though so didn't figure I could go wrong.
HO Skis 2015 Freeride Collection: http://youtu.be/xDHbsldR2oI

Cusefan78
12-07-2014, 09:36 AM
You'll have fun with it. It's effortless

FloridaBoy
01-11-2015, 04:21 PM
good ski for guest use and when the conditions aren't right for a high performance ski

Youde1976
05-06-2016, 09:07 AM
it is funny :)

trayson
05-06-2016, 03:49 PM
I ordered a HO Freeride last week and it came in on saturday. Was wondering if anyone has one or has tried one out and what you think about it. Figured I'd give it a try for when its too rough for my Radar Theory.15346

I thought the Radar Theory and HO Freeride were basically about the same on performance. I remember a couple years ago when I was trying to decide between the two I ended up with the Radar Theory simply because of pricing on a closeout deal. Are they really that different in performance?

ssa
05-11-2016, 05:04 AM
There's no comparison between the way the two of them perform. The Freeride is easier to get up on, easier to ride, it doesn't wear you out as much. The Theory though will out perform it all day. I like both of them just depends what you're wanting to do. You can ride the Freestyle at the low speeds but it increases the drag to the point I don't care for it. I ended up riding it 90% of the time last year but decided to work on getting better on the Theory towards the end of the year.