PDA

View Full Version : Wet sounds 420 BT , A little help...

SWS
02-17-2015, 08:00 PM
First off I know just enough about Audio to be dangerous,
Ok that being said ,
I just installed the WET SOUNDS 420 EQ BT on my 2008 sunspot. I wanted to install it so that I can still use the head unit for CD’s or satellite radio. I have the power, remote, and ground wires all soldered in right before the stock head unit so that all power supplies and ground wire are using the same battery. The problem is that the head unit has to be left on in order for me to use the Bluetooth on the EQ. I believe the reason is that the amp remote is coming from the head unit and drops off the power when the head unit is powered down. What I’m doing now is selecting the cd input on the head without an actual cd being present and running the Bluetooth off the EQ . Hey it works!!! This seams way to cumbersome and I was hoping someone could tell me first if I'm damaging anything , and second is there a better way to wire this in ? Can I just change the remote input on the amp so that it’s wired in a different location and if so where should it be connect ?
Thanks in advance SWS

Wylietunes
02-17-2015, 08:30 PM
The problem is that the head unit has to be left on in order for me to use the Bluetooth on the EQ

Yes, this is correct operation and there is no issue with it. The idle current draw of a head-unit is minimal.

What I’m doing now is selecting the cd input on the head without an actual cd being present and running the Bluetooth off the EQ

This has me puzzled. In order to use the EQ's BT or direct AUX in, all you need to do is switch the EQ's 3 position mode dial over from main to BT or AUX.

second is there a better way to wire this in ?

I think you have it wired correctly and in the most ideal manor. If so, no, dont change a thing. Let the head-unit trigger the EQ on at the same time as the amp via the head-units remote turn-on output. Its usually the blue/wht wire.

SWS
02-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Thank you sir …
This makes me feel a little better about the set up and how it’s installed .
Yes …. I’m using The Dial on the EQ to access the Bluetooth . I just thought it was odd that the head unit needed to be left on when not in use .

Thanks again and now on to the next project .. “Surf Tabs”