PDA

View Full Version : Maintainance Questions

wardon
05-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Late getting my 2000 Launch ready and would appreciate advice on following:
1- Need to re-pack around shaft. No dealership w/in 150 mi, so have to do it myself. Cheapest place to buy packing, and any instruction appreciated.
2- Engine ran perfect but now the motor won't start until I am just releasing the ignition key. Is this an electrical problem?
3- Speedometers were the ones that had a defective o-ring. Should I repair or use something new? Need to be accurate for a child on the ski team. Thanks for advice.

OUI
05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
It's hard to believe you need to repack after 6 years. Try tighting the nut first. If you do need packing go to skidim.com -- it should come with instructions.

Your starter or battery may be bad. If your starter draws too much juice it may prevent the ignition from getting the power it needs to start the motor until you stop turnning the starter. Have any service garage check the amount of amps it's drawing while you turn it over. They can also check the battery. One other thought, the starter switch could be bad. Turn the key on and jump the starter at the solinoid if it starts it's probably the switch.

Don't know anything about speedos.

IndyMatt
05-23-2007, 08:08 PM
I like skidim as well for the packing & replacement speedos if you go that route. Just an addition... also check your grounds & make sure your waiting for your fuel pump to charge before turning the boat over. When you first turn the key, you will hear a series of beeps followed by a buzz from the motor box, that is the pump pressurizing... seems simple but i have seen people just crank it over & delay ignition... good luck