PDA

View Full Version : Install Tower on a Comp - Yes or No?

HotWaterMoore
03-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Hello,
I am new to the forum but have been a Supra owner for nearly 20 years. I currently have a 1985 comp that has been in the family for many years but unfortunately it is time to part with it.

My question is, should I install a tower on this boat for re-sale purposes? The Indy Tower would be the tower of choose. Anyone that has ever spent any time in a comp will tell you that they lack in room and installing a tower would be the best way to increase gear that lay in the floor. But I do not want to reduce the factory appeal of this boat, in my opinion these boats have the best lines on the water and I would hate to sacrifice the factory look. So what are your feelings?

I currently have it listed on onlyinboards.com.
http://www.onlyinboards.com/1985-Supra-Comp-Ts6m-for-sale-Chattanooga-Tennessee-38491.aspx

michael hunter
03-14-2015, 06:28 PM
Absolutely Not.I currently own 2 comps 84 and 92 When I was in the market I wouldn't even condenser looking at a comp with a tower. The comp has the sexiest lines on the water to add a tower is like putting a wing on a Ferrari. IMO it will hurt the value not increase it. Your boat is worth between 1 to 6k depending on condition. If it hasn't had a documented stringer job it will be closer to the 1k with or without a tower.

tryathlete
03-16-2015, 10:46 AM
This time of year boats sell fast if priced right. Just make it look good and sell the tower separately if you already have it.

If it ain't broke, sell it.

cjtpilot
03-16-2015, 11:20 AM
I have a comp with a tower and you are correct this boat has a unique line of its own. If you install the tower I would make sure to honor its lines. Although the Indy tower is a great option you won't get the money you spend on it back. At least around Chicago there a several comps being listed for a premium! Hope they all sell, so I can get good value out of mine when I finally upgrade to a larger boat.

Zim
03-18-2015, 09:55 AM
The comp isn't going to appeal to many looking for a wakeboard/surf boat. They can throw a good wakeboard wave, but the market is trending in the direction of large boats with high freeboard that can handle big water and a bunch of ballast. I'd skip the tower... the buyer for your boat is someone who's either getting into the inboard market at a bargain, or a die hard skier. The die hard skier won't want a tower on this boat... keep it original, no tower. .02

HotWaterMoore
03-18-2015, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the input! You have helped to make the decision very easy.