PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Supra Santera Power Reduction Mode?

mellis
03-23-2015, 12:05 PM
Hello everyone, here is a email I sent to indmar for help. I figured I would also reach out to this forum for help as well. Thanks for looking. Any advice would be appreciated.
Long story short I have a 1999 Supra Santera. Indmar 350, vdrive. I've had it since 2008. It runs perfect, but last year, here is what started to happen. We will be going along at about 10 miles per hour surfing, and all of the sudden the power gets cut and we can only go about 4 miles per hour. No matter what I do with the throttle the speed stays the same and the pitch of the motor stays the same. Obviously if i put it in neutral it will just idle. If i let it go long enough in that reduced power mode, it will snap out of it and run fine again, without going to neutral or shutting the boat off. This happened several times last year. Otherwise the boat starts and runs perfect. The gauges all indicate normal operating specs. For clarity though my oil gauge is broken, it is always pinned, even with the boat off and the key just turned on. I don't think that has anything to do with my main problem, but figured I would mention it for clarity. Would you agree it's going into power reduction mode? And what would cause that. It has only happened surfing, but we have been surfing the exact same setup since 2008 with no problems. Thanks a lot for your input.

2500HD
03-27-2015, 08:57 AM
sounds like it is going into limp mode. I would get a scanner and see what codes it is showing. Unfortunately there are multiply reasons for limp mode.
How's the surf wave behind your santera?

carlossa
03-27-2015, 03:32 PM
I had the same problem and it turned out to be a faulty oil pressure switch. I have MEFI 5 but I think MEFI 4 runs the old type of sender. AS 2500HD states, the scan tool will solve your problem.

mellis
03-30-2015, 05:10 PM
sounds like it is going into limp mode. I would get a scanner and see what codes it is showing. Unfortunately there are multiply reasons for limp mode.
How's the surf wave behind your santera?

Thanks a lot for the response. I will definitely get a scanner on it.
The surf wave is great. I couldn't be happier. I have 800 pounds in the back corner, and another 500 on the seat. I have my bow bag full most the time. Sometimes I play with that a bit. Maybe about 300 pounds there.

2500HD
03-31-2015, 04:35 PM
Do me a favor and post your findings just incase my 2000 Santera ever does the same thing.