PDA

View Full Version : Saltre owner

stanton21
05-25-2007, 05:16 AM
I am the proud owner of a surpra saltre 1987 ..The battle Ship of ski boats. When i was a kid i was pulled all around all summer on this type of boat...Loved It then got on now.....This is a little project boat reading all 26 pages and finding out some things...I to have stringer rot..I drilled some holes in it and got at least 2 cups of water out of it..Only on the driver side..I found a soft spot in the stringer fiberglass cleaning the bilge out and i stuck my finger through it..I will cheak the motor mounts with a socket but i dont think it made it there yet..Letting the sun do its thing..
The back lid is rotted doing that job this weekend,and two soft spots on the floor that i can live with through the summer..

Question 1 I need to get the cover off the water in take, the brass is gone on it..i took the screws out but it wont budge.

2 The first fin on the boat has a stane on the fiberglass and it look like the calk is gone on it..How do i take it off and inspect it to see what on the other side.
3 Where do i get the light set up that go under the cup holders there shot...

I have so much more to ask but i cant wait to get out and get the kids and me to skie...And teach the wife to drive..

Thanks

IndyMatt
05-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Congrats on joining the Supra family. Where do you boat in Indiana? Im not exactly sure on yours... but on the 2 year previous Supra Beast, the intake has a threaded bolt on the inside of the hull. The screws on the outside basiclly anchored the fitting to the hull to keep it in position but the compression nut is on the inside with a rubber gasket you will probably have to replace. Same on the fins.... through bolts are accessable from the inside of the hull; undo the six allen head bolts; give the fin a few raps with a hammer (up and down not side to side) to loosen the caulk & grime... they will slide up and out. On the courtesy lights... you may want to shop around at various electronic stores to find a similar 12v lighting system. The newer boats have the LEDs that are very low draw, dont heat up & fairly inexpensive... may be a little bit of a bear to re-run wiring. Good luck with those stringers & floor. Sounds like a great project. Be sure to post some pics!!

stanton21
05-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the reply indmat..I do a lot of boating on the big lake and bass and calver lakes...Iam in the valpo area..

I got all the work done on the boat for the year and going to saave the fun stuff for next spring...Thaning of having the skin redun and carpet and floor......Eveything looks good so far ....Will keep posting on what i am dooing with the boat..

Looking for the brass water guard for under the boat..First i need on then i will gewt the old one out..

THanks for the reply

IndyMatt
05-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Just curious on location... I live in West Lafayette, Work in Indianapolis and boat in Syracuse/ North Webster area. Mainly on Wawasee.

stanton21
05-29-2007, 11:41 AM
iam west on 30 about 45mins