PDA

View Full Version : Rub Rail

Jetlink
03-30-2015, 12:02 PM
Need to replace my rub rail for the Comp. Looking for places you might have gotten a rub rail from. I would like to avoid doing business with Viper as I am not a fan of his work or business practices. I am also on the fence about going all black like I had originally or finding a place with a stainless insert for the rub rail to give it a little more for the eye.

Fire away guys!

flipz96
03-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Need to replace my rub rail for the Comp. Looking for places you might have gotten a rub rail from. I would like to avoid doing business with Viper as I am not a fan of his work or business practices. I am also on the fence about going all black like I had originally or finding a place with a stainless insert for the rub rail to give it a little more for the eye.

Fire away guys!

I initially wanted to do SS but then I saw the price and it was more than I was willing to spend. I bought mine at iboats. It was the black original though. I had them cut the rail to avoid paying freight cost. If I remember it was a $20 fee for them to cut it to to be under freight size which was considerably cheaper than freight. When I removed the old rail it was in sections also so I didn't think it would be a problem. The insert was flexible and can be rolled.

http://www.iboats.com/Taco-Rigid-Rub-Rail-1-1-2-Bulk-20-Black/dm/view_id.271817

http://www.iboats.com/1-3-16-x1-2-Black-Bulk-Flexible-Vinyl-Rub-Rail-Insert-50-Taco/dm/view_id.373498

Good luck!

td in nc
03-30-2015, 12:51 PM
I bought my rub rail insert from Jamstown Distibutors. I think they sell the rub rail as well. they were very helpful and knowledgable.

cjtpilot
03-30-2015, 12:53 PM
I got mine on ebay, complete kit $236

jasun
03-30-2015, 02:54 PM
I got mine from a local supra dealer. I don't think I paid more than $230

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotWaterMoore
04-06-2015, 04:46 PM
I have a complete rub rail and insert for a 1985 Comp new in the box. I'll sale for $200 plus shipping. PM me if interested.