PDA

View Full Version : Can Launch SSV do double duty for skiing and wakeboarding

Lintplace
02-02-2003, 02:31 AM
Our boys are into wakeboarding but mom and dad still like to cut it up on the slalom ski. Will we be able to have some fun behind our new 2003 Launch SSV or are the wakes too huge?
Let us know if you have skied behind the ssv.

Brian Raymond
02-02-2003, 10:55 PM
The SSV has a very versatile hull. I owned a SSV, and it perfomed above and beyond my personal needs. My boys are also into wakeboarding, my wife and I like to slalom and barefoot. I had the hydraulic wakeplate (highly suggested) because I was able to fine tune the wakes for the desired skier with the touch of the switch. The manual wakeplate is fine, however adjustments between kids and adults requires fine tuning between runs. With the plate all the way up and ballast full it has an incredible boarding wake, with the plate about 1/16th of an inch below the running surface of the hull (ballast empty) it performed beutifully for skiing and footin'. Enjoy your boat, there is nothing better than family fun in a Supra.Brian Raymond

Brian Raymond
02-02-2003, 10:56 PM
The SSV has a very versatile hull. I owned a SSV, and it perfomed above and beyond my personal needs. My boys are also into wakeboarding, my wife and I like to slalom and barefoot. I had the hydraulic wakeplate (highly suggested) because I was able to fine tune the wakes for the desired skier with the touch of the switch. The manual wakeplate is fine, however adjustments between kids and adults requires fine tuning between runs. With the plate all the way up and ballast full it has an incredible boarding wake, with the plate about 1/16th of an inch below the running surface of the hull (ballast empty) it performed beutifully for skiing and footin'. Enjoy your boat, there is nothing better than family fun in a Supra.Brian Raymond