PDA

View Full Version : Need recs on a new tower setup

Ncsuprafan
04-21-2015, 11:16 PM
I am about to upgrade my tower setup and need some recs. I am looking for a good setup that I can hear clearly at 80'. I am looking for new tower speakers, new amp, and new deck. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjtpilot
04-22-2015, 08:45 AM
As far as speakers you can pay out the a$$ for wetsounds or Exile. I just bought a set of Kicker HLCD for a fraction of the cost and IMOP has great sound.

Wylietunes
04-22-2015, 09:01 AM
You definitely going to be looking at an HLCD setup. Top of the food chain is going to be the Wet Sounds Rev-10. Most output, deeper mid-bass, higher power handling, etc. The Rev-10 is going to give you most wake range projection while maintaining the best near field sound quality. That would be fallowed by the 8" Rev-8. Still got the wake range projection like the larger Rev-10, just not the amount of mid-bass. Its a great all around sounding setup. The Kicker KMS76 is by far the best sounding 6.5" HLCD out there. Will handle more wattage than any other 6.5" HLCD and about the same or more as some 8" HLCDs.

Ncsuprafan
04-22-2015, 08:56 PM
Thanks. Are two rev 8s enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wylietunes
04-22-2015, 11:56 PM
With good power, sure, a single pair of Rev-8 is plenty for wake range projection. 2" compression driver voice coil same as the rev-10. If head room and bimini clearance is not an issue, I would do a single pair of Rev-10 on a Syn-4 over 2 pair of Rev-8 on Syn-2. Two pair of rev-8 would have more peak output due to 2x the compression drivers, but the added power handling of the larger rev-10 and deeper mid-bass just makes sense.