PDA

View Full Version : 89 TS6M rear blower fan replacement

speedster
05-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know what I need to take apart to access the rear blower mounted undernieth the sundeck?

I'm wondering if I should try to take apart the rear seat or if there is anyway to remove the plastic cover under the sundeck. My next question for both is how?

Mine seems to be working but periodically makes a very loud noise so I think the bearings are going out.

DKJBama92Mariah
05-30-2007, 01:59 PM
The plastic tray in the rear ski locker just pulls out when you remove the screws. From there you can access the blowers and fuel tank.

speedster
05-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks a ton. I was hoping that was the case, but I thought I'd ask before I started ripping into everything.

DKJBama92Mariah
05-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Good luck and welcome to the forum!

DKJ

SupraTom
06-17-2007, 12:35 AM
Some blower motors on the comps are under the rear seat. To access simply remove the cushions and remover the 4 screws that mount the seat to the floor. The seat will slide forward and lift strait up.

Mine was making some noise and I found that the housing separated causing the fan blades to hit one half of the housing. It turned out to be a quick fix with some sealant.

Tom

Crazy Wally
07-03-2007, 10:34 AM
I just refurbished my 89 comp and the second blower is behind the bench seat on the port side. You need to take off the cushions and the screws that secure the bench seat are under there. No need to remove the frame unless it's completley rotted like mine was. I rebuilt the frame and replaced the blower. You will need the 3" blower ($30 on skidim.com) and I also suggest replacing the vent tubing since your there.

IUFAN24
07-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Well, my question then is where is the 1st blower? The only one I "can hear" seems to be coming from the back bench on the passenger side. I never can feel or hear anything coming from the vents on the back driver side? Anyone?

Crazy Wally
07-03-2007, 09:26 PM
The other one should be next to the engine on the driver's side under the engine cover.