PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Tuning

cjtpilot
04-23-2015, 08:35 AM
So after I tune the amps with the radio set flat, should I then tune the radio settings or just leave those settings flat for best sound?

Wylietunes
04-23-2015, 09:53 AM
If you find yourself making wholesale changes to bass and treble through the head-unit, you need to revisit the amp tuning. Making minor adjustments from one genre to another is ok.

cjtpilot
04-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Ok so tuning the amps gain correctly should give me the best sound? There are a wide range of music that will be played from heavy metal rock, to that stuff the kids listen to. From what I have read I tune the amps with the head unit flat but I haven't found anything in making adjustments with the bass,mid,treble in the head unit or if I should just leave it set flat.
If you find yourself making wholesale changes to bass and treble through the head-unit, you need to revisit the amp tuning. Making minor adjustments from one genre to another is ok.

Wylietunes
04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Setting the gain is only one small piece of the tuning puzzle. Gain has very little to with how the speakers sound in the regard that bass and treble make the speakers sound. Yes, tune the amp with the head-unit flat. Making small bass and treble adjustments at the head-unit is fine, but if you adding or cutting large amounts, like 5+/- dB, then you've missed the mark on the amp tuning or something else in the system execution is amiss.