PDA

View Full Version : Faulty fuel gauge 2004 launch 22 ssv gg

wayne0341
05-13-2015, 05:47 PM
Im wondering if anyone has had to replace a fuel sending unit on 2004 launch 22 ssv gg? My gauge when tank is full only shows 3/4 of a tank and goes to empty pretty quick when my tank is half full. Im almost positive my sending unit is bad, anyone know where i can order one online or the part number?
Thanks,
Wayne

Cusefan78
05-13-2015, 07:07 PM
measure the tank depth and order a centroid sender. Much more accurate and you won't get the bouncing needle anymore.

jzelt
05-14-2015, 04:29 PM
measure the tank depth and order a centroid sender. Much more accurate and you won't get the bouncing needle anymore.

I went with these SSS/SSL. Ours sounds like yours, started half tank was still full, E was half tank. Measured depth, and now E pretty much means E. Very easy install. I cut the old plug off, soldered and shrink wrapped to end of new wires.

http://www.wemausa.com/sensors/level-FuelWater.shtml#S3U

Cusefan78
05-14-2015, 05:53 PM
Yeah the probes are different. The digital ones we use have a rod that sticks down and that's it. The one your using has a float. Both will work but the new digital probes will never get stuck and won't have the bouncing needle. The one that was in my boat when I bought it had that exact one and it wouldn't read above 1/2