PDA

View Full Version : What would you replace your Supra with?

wotan2525
05-15-2015, 08:36 AM
So -- it's looking more and more like an "upgrade" is in my future. I've turned/touched/rebuilt every bolt on my boat (knock on wood.) I love the old girl but I'm in a position to afford something a little bit newer (and with built in ballast.)

I know that everyone has different uses for their boat and you're not going to be able to anticipate how/when/why I use mine. This really isn't about me, I'm just curious what you guys think. I've been looking at a lot of different boats. I have my favorites on paper but I thought I'd ask you guys -- what would you replace your boat with if you could?

SquamInboards
05-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Not that I've thought about it... but a 1998 Sport Nautique or Super Sport, ideally a green-on-tan or blue-on-tan, tan interior. With the FCT2 tower. Build in my own ballast.

I love my Supra and all, but for me, those boats are just perfection. There's adequate storage space, nice space for passengers, the wake is perfection, and they have great lines. They can also handle 2,500lbs of ballast for a massive surf wake, or go 34mph for a mediocre ski wake.

And actually those are getting to be quite affordable now, I'm just waiting for one to show up for sale near me. I even have the money set aside. On the other hand I could keep my Supra for another 9 years too. Can't believe I've had it that long! This is actually my 10th summer with it.

jasun
05-15-2015, 09:09 AM
a V drive. Big enough for 10 or so people. Factory Tower. Mainly wake board and surf. Trim tabs.

2500HD
05-15-2015, 09:32 AM
It's all about budget. What kinda numbers are we talkin?

jtryon
05-15-2015, 09:35 AM
i would do a late 90's/early 2000's v-drive. my short list includes centurion avalanche (best surf wake), nautique super sport or super air, or tige 22/23/24v. the super sport/super air is a great all-around boat, but the other two have a better rough water ride and better surf. i'd grab any one of those and throw a surf system on them, and be happy for years and years.

Cusefan78
05-15-2015, 09:36 AM
A new or newer centurion. I don't know what it is but they are just plain sexy

wolff
05-15-2015, 10:10 AM
Money no object and new it would be G23 or a Supra SG. I have been torn between the following boats right now. I was planning a new boat for this year but I bought 40 acres and that slowed the new boat down.

With that said I was looking at the following. I was looking new but would love to try and find a year old one with under 100 hours.
I wakeboard a lot and love my 21v wake but we started surfing more so we want something more with an auto surf setup.

Supra SC
Mastercraft x10

I really like the room and depth of the Supra.
I am not a big name brand guy but I can get into the x10 for the same cost as the Supra SC.
But I felt the mastercraft lacked in the following area's
surf tab controls
interior felt small and not as deep as the SC

I like the look of the SC better. My wife likes the exterior look of the mastercraft better but the interior of the supra better.

cjtpilot
05-15-2015, 10:46 AM
Malibu Sunsetter LXI, Mastercraft X14. I need a all around boat and a DD guy forever!!!

CornRickey
05-15-2015, 02:28 PM
A brand new BU.

wotan2525
05-15-2015, 02:28 PM
It's all about budget. What kinda numbers are we talkin?

I'm going to be in the 45-50k range. Surf only, very little wakeboarding. I'm thinking Malibu 247 or Tige RZ2. They both have proven surf setups and communities and they both look great. I'm thinking the bu will probably hold its resale better.

Would strongly consider a 242 but they're out of my price range at this point and there just doesn't seem to be as many of them out there to get a great bead on how they surf.

wotan2525
05-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Not that I've thought about it... but a 1998 Sport Nautique or Super Sport, ideally a green-on-tan or blue-on-tan, tan interior. With the FCT2 tower. Build in my own ballast.

This is an interesting thought -- I haven't even shopped the nautiques because I have never heard them described as a surf boat. Always as the best wakeboard boat..... How are the mid-2000 SANTEs for surfing?

foxriverat
05-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Since all we do is slalom and I want the smallest wake. In my price range it would be. 1999 to 2002 malibu response lx It has sv23 diamond hull. Or 1997 to 2000 Ski Nautique bubble back 196 with TSC hull. Both have one of the smallest, softest wakes. Ok who wants to buy my comp.

TitanTn
05-15-2015, 06:04 PM
Honestly, my next boat will likely be a catamaran sailboat. I'll be leaving and not coming back for while....

But if I WERE going to get another "ski" boat it would likely be something in the Supra family. A 242 or 22SSV. Mid 2010s model. I don't really like anything from any manufacturer past 2008 or so.

CornRickey
05-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Well I that case make mine a Swan 48...

2500HD
05-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Well if money is no object i would probably go for the new sg 550 with surf swell or a centurion enzo. But money is an issue so it doesn't matter and my santera puts out a decent wave on a budget.

blackout_58
05-15-2015, 10:33 PM
With most newer boats all being over the $100k range, I would splurge on a new SG that comes with a lake house :), otherwise I would go on a test driving spree until I found exactly what I wanted, most likely something under $80k from moomba.

SquamInboards
05-19-2015, 09:45 AM
This is an interesting thought -- I haven't even shopped the nautiques because I have never heard them described as a surf boat. Always as the best wakeboard boat..... How are the mid-2000 SANTEs for surfing?

Of course, I'm sure the newer stuff all surpasses those older SuperSport/SuperAirs, but weighted properly, they can put out a very nice surf wake. They started that hull in the '95 SuperSport so you can get one pretty cheap these days... Just try to find one that hasn't been filled with ballast and abused every day for the last 10 years.

cadunkle
05-19-2015, 07:09 PM
Maybe a Super Sport Nautique, but not sure I'd want a smaller boat than my Saltare. SS has classic lines but I really hate round windshields. I think if money were no object I'd completely restore my Saltare with composite stringers, seats, no foam, etc. and modify the bow to hide a large triangle sac and rebuild the rear seat as a standard bench maybe a bit higher and fit whatever i could under there and call it good enough. I'd build a real nice 545 stroker to replace the 454 (not a Chevy guy). Some better speakers and add a sub. Relocate batteries to regain some storage, add gunnel storage instead of the vinyl pads, etc. Just nifty stuff like that to make improvements but keep true to original style. I like the classics, and with some weight the wake is plenty for what I do.

If money was no object I'd be living on the water to get more use out of it... Or maybe get an old Chris Craft Commander to functional as weekend retreat and mothership. :D

TitanTn
05-20-2015, 07:17 AM
I like what cadunkle just said. Everything except the 545 stroker (I am a chevy guy).

Sdc77
05-20-2015, 10:25 AM
An Axis A22 could be a good candidate for me. I like the style of this boat.

Or if I have time and money, a complete rebuild and rethink of the Saltare, with V-drive, modern dash, build in ballast, surf gates, reverse tower, HLCD speakers, more storage, more leds etc.

jkaser1965
05-20-2015, 04:13 PM
I would replace mine with the exact same one I have :). I have a '14 Supra SA 450 with Surf Swell. My wife was nervous when I went to the boat show this year but I didn't find anything that I would rather have.

Zim
05-20-2015, 04:22 PM
MasterCraft X23 or Supra SE550

supraaddict
05-20-2015, 11:43 PM
I just got done at DFW Surf in Dallas and I got to Demo a a new Centurion SV223,a Centurion Enzo FS33 a 23' Sanger and A new Tige Z1. I love the wave on all three for wake surfing. I would probably replace my Supra (And probably will next year) with a new Tige Z1. The fit and finish sold it to me (Along with the ease of use and driving) The surf wave with the AVX Surf System was amazing! Eagle Marine in Dallas had a 2014 with low hours SUPER CLEAN for $69,000. It was a sweet boat for a fair price! If I could afford it I would go with the ENZO FS33 but it was $109,000 (Sweet boat and huge wave and wakeboard wake)

UKandH
05-21-2015, 08:12 AM
As i am a dedicated slalom, trick and jump skier it would definitely be a 2014-15 Centurion Carbon Pro...which im looking to buy Christmas time. Had a ski behind the demo boat here in the UK from Progression boats and its a pretty sweet bit of kit. As Supra dont make a *proper* tournament ski boat any more, sadly i would have to sell my TS6 and move over to Centurion. I cant be arsed with wakeboarding so it dictates my choice.

foxriverat
05-21-2015, 03:33 PM
As i am a dedicated slalom, trick and jump skier it would definitely be a 2014-15 Centurion Carbon Pro...which im looking to buy Christmas time. Had a ski behind the demo boat here in the UK from Progression boats and its a pretty sweet bit of kit. As Supra dont make a *proper* tournament ski boat any more, sadly i would have to sell my TS6 and move over to Centurion. I cant be arsed with wakeboarding so it dictates my choice.

Would love to ski behind a carbon pro. Ive heard good things about them and you cant beat the price for a new comp boat.

cjtpilot
05-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Agreed, even with the closed bow.
Would love to ski behind a carbon pro. Ive heard good things about them and you cant beat the price for a new comp boat.

UKandH
05-26-2015, 10:03 AM
The one im looking to buy is a 2013 Carbon Pro. Currently in Spain but should be in the UK at Christmas time.
Just a shame Supra dont make a proper ski boat anymore, there is a market out there...not everyone wants to wakeboard you know :(