PDA

View Full Version : 2014 SA350 Smart Plate issue / Touch Screen

EnterSandman
05-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Bought the Supra new last spring and received in May. It ran perfect until roughly August when I noticed a noise like something was still running when the boat was off coming from the engine compartment. I looked around couldn't find anything so I took it to the Supra shop here at Lake Anna and he stated it was the smart plate trying to drive past 100%. He cut flipped the circuit breaker for the smart plate and it worked fine for the day. Next day issue came back. We left it at the shop to have the PDM re-flashed. This worked, but we lost our control of the radio from the touch screen, then the touch screen started to freeze up and eventually the smart plate started to again drive itself past 100%.

We received a new screen during the winter, which is working now but again the smart plate doesn't transition like it is supposed to. When we take off it doesn't move from 100% to 50% when we get to speed and the boat planes out. If I run the plate up and down it will operate normally. All the setting are correct for the plate to make the transition.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what might have been done to fix it.

Over all the boat the boat has been great.