PDA

View Full Version : Interest in Supra Forum

1badsupra
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I recently upgraded from an '06 Outback V to an '07 24SSV GG and subsequently changed from the Moomba forum to the Supra forum. I have noticed a considerable difference between the activity on this forum versus the Moomba forum. There seems to be very little activity on this forum in comparison.

Any ideas why? There is roughly 1.5 posts per registered user on the Supra forum compared to 7.5 per registered user on the Moomba forum.

I am just interested in chatting about my great new boat but havent had much response.

Any members in the Atlanta area? I recently attended the jamboree in Florida and would love to see us put one together in Georgia. Any interests?

Thanks for listening to me whine.

H2Oman
06-06-2007, 09:30 AM
I don't know why there isn't much activity on this board. When I first joined there seemed to be more chat on the older boats and what people were doing to maintain or upgrade them. Once in a while you would have the new boat owners and the old boat owners square off about what they didn't like :shock: . There are a few guys that still post regularly and have great suggestions to problems.

I would love to see this site get going again.

1badsupra
06-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Have you seen a Newsletter or any correspondence from Skier's Choice lately? I feel like the Moomba forum has more company support....maybe its just my perception.
So how do you like your GG?

H2Oman
06-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Nothing for a few months.

I love it! Our previous boat was a Supra and it was great. When the 24' GG boat came out I fell in love all over again. Everything I had hoped for is on this boat. I am now able to take out our family, all our gear and friends with large families. Previously we would have to ask some to wait on shore or we would have to be selective on who we asked to come out. Now there is enough room for everyone to get comfortable and enjoy the time on the water.

As far as the wake and performance. Wow. It is incredible; I can shape it to nearly everyone’s taste. Last summer we had the boat fully loaded, 15 people, gear, full ballast and the wake was huge! It booted me easily 8 to 10 ft off the water and when I charged it hard I went that high and into the flats.

How do you like yours?

Ed G
06-06-2007, 12:41 PM
To help put it in perscpective on how active this board is...

I bet $1 you are the 1st Supra owner who has attended any of the last three Florida Jamboree's and who has posted on this board.

your always welcome to brag about your Supra on the Moomba boards. There are a few ex-Moomba owners (who now own Supra's) that still hang out there.

1badsupra
06-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Ed,
This is Swamp Buggy. Why do you think there is such a lack of interest?

H2Oman,

We absolutely love it. The luxuries, the ride, the intergrated PerfectPass. It's an amazing boat and that's not taking anything away from my previous Moomba because we loved it too.

Ed G
06-06-2007, 06:26 PM
yes, Swamp I know it is you. That's why I'm betting such large amounts of cash.

Don't know why there is such a lack of interest here...I'm not that interested.

How come when people move from a Moomba to a Supra, they use different handles on the boards?

QB12 is also myturndad.

Oh, what the hell. You'll always be Swamp to me.

LKA_SUPRA24SSV
06-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I check in often as well.

Maybe if all of us try to make a post a day will will gain some interest?

Ed G
06-07-2007, 07:52 AM
one thing I have obserevd about the Supra Forums, in the past years I have been haunting them, is it's too damn formal and serious.

It's almost as if people are to afraid to add a little humour here and there.

Time to lighten it up a bit.

The Supra boards kind of remind me of the Moomba boards before the owners Jamborees came into existance.

Back then, there was a lot of fighting and flaming going on. Folks didn't share their boating experiences and there was no family attitude amongst the owners. Look at the difference now.

It's also my observation that the more Skiers Choice Owners interact, the more we seem to like each other.

Some great friendships have been created thanks to a fiberglass mold located in Tennessee.

myturndad
06-08-2007, 09:25 AM
yes, Swamp I know it is you. That's why I'm betting such large amounts of cash.

Don't know why there is such a lack of interest here...I'm not that interested.

How come when people move from a Moomba to a Supra, they use different handles on the boards?

QB12 is also myturndad.

Oh, what the hell. You'll always be Swamp to me.

ed, i wanted to change my sign in name to myturndad on the moomba site but it would not allow me to change. so thus the qb12 over there.

in regards to why the supra site is so slow i have no idea. but the moomba site is a heck of a lot more fun.

doug

IUFAN24
06-11-2007, 09:14 PM
I too have wondered why so little posts. I have a 87 Supra Sunsport and am craving info on how to get her back into top shape. I recently found a site at correctcraftfan.com that is very active and I have picked up alot.

I'm in West Michigan and would love to get some Supra team spirit going. On that note, does anyone know of a good floor/foam/carpet shop near me. Looking at that this coming winter season. I want to tackle 1 big project per storage season to get my Supra back to life! :D