PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurfing with my 24SSV

LKA_SUPRA24SSV
06-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I tried out wakesurfing and really liked it. I need to find out how to properly weight my 24SSV and proper speed. Some people mentioned you should make turns when starting, but I am not really sure what the meant.

I will be putting 750# bags in the rear real soon.

Ed G
06-07-2007, 07:37 AM
making a turn when starting means that the boat would slightly turn in a huge circle, (direction of the turn depends on the side you are surfing) in order to help with the shape of the wake.

It's not at all necessary to do this.

Once you have the correct ballast and speed dialed in, you can surf behind a boat going in a perfectly straight line.

In fact, most wakesurfing tournaments are held on the same courses as wakeboarding and the tow boat has to go in a straight line - no room for turning.

Sorry, being an owner of a Moomba DD, I can't help you with ballast set-up.

Josh Sanders told me that the Supra creates the best surf wake with standard ballast of all the boats he has ever surfed behind.

Unfortunately, I don't recall which model Supra he was reffering to.

H2Oman
06-07-2007, 09:42 AM
We love surfing as well. The weighting tends to be different each time.

I fill the rear sack full on the side of the rider; the other rear sack is 25% full. I move as many passengers to the rear and the side of the rider as well. The front sack is set about 1/2 full. (The driver’s side seems to be the best side to ride behind due to the seating ability.) The wake plate is all the way up.

The speed depends on how many people I have in the boat. I run as low as 9 and as high at 12.

Slight turns in the direction of the side of the rider do help some if the water is very rough.

Hope this helps you.

Oh, and the fishermen.... they love it! :wink:

LKA_SUPRA24SSV
06-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the information.