PDA

View Full Version : Vdrive oil filling

mikefab
05-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Well went to take out the boat today. Got her started at the dock and as we went under way heard a knocking sound from the tranny area. Killed it. Looked around couldn't find anything with motor. Put It Back In Gear KNOCKING Again. Took apart the seats to access the vdrive and found no oil. Found a line that was barely hand tight assuming it dumped all the fluid through there. Looking to fill it back up and see if the knocking is gone now that all lines have been checked tight and properly serviced.

Question is should I just fill the sae30 into where the dipstick goes? Couldn't really find a fill cap while at the docks that looked obvious. Supra newbie here so bare with me. Thanks in advance.

docdrs
05-24-2015, 07:56 PM
The dipstick hole is fine there is a vent cap filler tube towards the front of the unit

mikefab
05-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Awesome. Going to fill it and hope everything buffs out and rattle is gone. Finger crossed. Thanks.

docdrs
05-24-2015, 10:23 PM
Did you check your tranny fluid as well

mikefab
05-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Tranny and engine were spot on perfect just the vdrive was empty. Found a hose coming off the front that was barEly threaded on. I'm going to assume that was were the leak originated. Won't know for sure til I can get it back to the tamp to ops check it.

K_Dubbs
06-12-2015, 02:07 PM
How did it work out for you? FYI you may have figured this out but takes a long time to fill via dipstick hole. If you take off the cover over the vent you get about 2-3X the diameter to fill through for future fluid changes.