PDA

View Full Version : Interior trim question

UKandH
05-28-2015, 02:58 AM
I have booked the TS6M in for a re-trim in July, and been given several choices of material, various marine grade vinyl's and marine grade leather.
My personal choice was the leather, ok its not cheap but its quality is unmistakeable.
Has anyone else had their boats re-trimmed with leather instead of the vinyl?

What are your thoughts? please also bear it in mind i am in the UK, not a super hot sunny climate :roll:
I had my previous sports boat re-trimmed in marine vinyl which was ok, but it did look cheap even though it was a superb quality job.

Oh and im going for Oatmeal off white and pillar box red. The original is off white and red. I will get the *Series 5000* logo's embroidered into the seats and side trim as well.

Any thoughts?

Salty87
05-28-2015, 10:30 AM
Don't think I've ever seen a boat with leather seats.

Zim
05-28-2015, 11:12 AM
There's a reason you don't find leather in boats. Stick with vinyl.

CJD
05-28-2015, 11:17 PM
Leather will stretch and get moldy in a wet environment. so, not on a ski boat. It would be very nice inside a cabin, though!

UKandH
05-29-2015, 02:01 AM
Hmmm, the beauty of leather is that it does hold its shape much better than vinyl.
As for the mould, its marine grade leather which is specially treated for the environment.

I was in a Ski Nautique a few days ago that was fitted with leather from the factory. Very comfy and great feel to the seats, and a good friend owns a Mastercraft with after market cream leather trim.
I will do a bit more research before i commit to getting it done.

This is the supplier of the leather, its used in super yachts, high end sports boats here in the UK and Italy

http://www.muirhead.co.uk/AndrewMuirhead/Markets/AMS_Marine.aspx