PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Supra TS6M Carburator Help, FLOODING.

covertcombatant
05-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Was wondering if anyone here could help me out.
I have a 1988 Supra TS6M with the 351w, the carburator is a HOLLY 4160.
Boat will start fine and run for about 3-5 seconds and die and then keep dripping fuel for about 30 seconds like this.

https://youtu.be/1qcFOXOtX4M

CornRickey
05-29-2015, 08:59 PM
I had my 4160 rebuilt twice with no success. I found Jegs had the cheapest. Wish I would have done it the first time. Your carb is almost 30 years old. You could rebuild it and probably get it to run right but it is still 30 years old and summer is too short to get out on the water and find out if didn't work.

covertcombatant
05-29-2015, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the info, it was put in new in 2005. But it still makes it a 10 year old carb with shitty california gas stuck in it. I have a guy going through it right now he is only charging me 35 bucks for parts. He is a awesome mechanic that lives local and is doing me a favor. I am going to buy a new one on Monday and have it in as soon as I get it. I'll throw this one on tomorrow and have the kids on the lake. I was just curious of the cause of this problem.
The accelerator pump seemed like it was way out of adjustment but I'm not a carb mechanic.
Thanks again,
Brian

CornRickey
05-30-2015, 12:44 AM
Well the start and die sounds like it's firing on the accelerator pump and the idle jet is plugged but you should beable to get it to run @ rpms greater that 1k. Maybe you have gunk in the idle and main. The dripping (didn't watch the video) would be your float valve not seated and allowing residual pressure to blead off through the main and into the intake. Just a shady tree mechanic here so.....

CornRickey
05-30-2015, 12:46 AM
35 bucks won't get you a basic rebuild kit.