PDA

View Full Version : Raw Water Pump

TX skier
06-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Shakedown cruise before we hoped to head to the Southern Reunion this weekend...

1999 Santera, obviously a v-drive.

Water is dripping from the raw water pump, the side toward the engine. The impeller case is tight, so it must be the seal in the pump. How hard is this to do? Other than being in there backwards. DIM has what looks like the pump, hopefully in stock.

Anyone done this lately?

On a trip all week, so it may not get installed, and we will miss another trip to the Tennessee River, maybe next year...

David Smith

NoWake
06-07-2015, 07:13 AM
Hope skidim has it in stock also! Sorry to hear you may not make it. What the heck, just pull an all nighter and still come to TN. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Jetlink
06-08-2015, 12:27 AM
We've dealt with worse. Last year there was a clinic on troubleshooting Protec Ignition and starters I think. The first year we held a clinic on how to limp and then fix a prop shaft from coming out of the coupler on the water so, in a sense you're in good hands. I say show up with boat and parts in hand or just show up period and have a blast with a bunch of like minded people. You won't regret it, ask Kent (NoWake) or any of the others who have attended even once.

wotan2525
06-08-2015, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't be worried about a leak -- doesn't sound like it could lead to a catastrophic failure or stranding. You can rebuild the pump and the kits come with the seals you need. Saves you a couple hundred bucks over buying a new pump.

NoWake
06-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Yup, I got a schooling on spark last season, looking at joining a few more clinics, just hope I'm not the subject. Jet link is right, you would be in good hands! I ordered a spare impeller from skidim fri and it will be here tomorrow (TN). Get your order in and we will see you there. Ha, I could swear we were 13 miles from the put in when my protec died and we still made it home humble and without event. After all it is a natural rush to be on the lake with so many Supra's and good people.