PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Problem - Help Needed

Dean Jackson
06-07-2015, 05:13 PM
I have a 2008 Sunsport 22V with the Indmar Assault 325. Been a great boat. I just put in two new batteries and was ready to fire it up for the season and ran into a challenge. All accessories work but there is no power to the instrument cluster when I turn the key and it wont turn over. It is basically totally dead, no clicks like you normally hear when you turn the key and no dash life. I have checked the voltage regulator and switched to multiple positions. I have switched and checked the new batteries. I have double checked all my wire connections to the batteries. I checked the ignition fuse under the dashboard and switched it with another 10amp accessory that is working. I have checked the connection at the starter. I have found 3 20 amp fuses in a wire harness at the back of the engine and they all look good. I've looked for any lose/disconnected wires. I'm sure this is something simple, but I am missing it. If anyone has run across something like this before I would greatly appreciate some advice. Thank you very much. Dean Jackson

barelyfloating
06-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Do you have a big stereo system installed (multi amps etc.). If so, many time they have resettable inline fuses.

I had this happen one time crossing the lake. The boat died, and nothing. After touching, fiddling, and resetting every fuse in the boat it came back to life. The problem is, I never really knew the root cause. That was 100+ hours of boating ago, so it appears to be fixed.

wotan2525
06-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Is there a circuit breaker somewhere on this engine?