PDA

View Full Version : Supra TS6M Bilge Pump and Fuse help.

covertcombatant
06-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Hello Everyone,
I have a 1988 Supra TS6M took her out on her maiden voyage yesterday and had a few questions. When I hit the bilge pump switch in manual it doesn't pump and the light doesn't turn on, on the dash. The Automatic one lights up but never turned on to pump yesterday. When I pulled her out of the water and pulled the rear plug on the launch ramp water came out for a solid 35-45 seconds. Seemed like alot of water.

Also the blower switches on the dash, there is 2 of them but only one lights up and works. Is this normal? Please advise, and thanks for all the help.

Attached is a photo of the dash with all of the switches pushed in.

covertcombatant
06-09-2015, 05:25 PM
So I reached down by the bilge pump and found the float and pulled it up. Drained the rest of the water that was in the bilge area. Still don't have manual control of the bilge pump. Do the switches on the dash contain a fuse? Thanks

Jetlink
06-09-2015, 07:18 PM
So I reached down by the bilge pump and found the float and pulled it up. Drained the rest of the water that was in the bilge area. Still don't have manual control of the bilge pump. Do the switches on the dash contain a fuse? Thanks

There are no fuses on your boat. You have what are known as switch breakers. It is possible that the switch breaker itself could be bad, I know when I got my '86 that four of the switch breakers were bad because the previous owner had bypassed them thereby creating a safety hazard.

covertcombatant
06-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Unplugged the automatic bilge and hooked the manual wire to it and fired up fine. I think it is a bad switch thanks. I do have another huge problem and will make a new post for it. Going to need some help. This is starting to suck.