PDA

View Full Version : 2011 242 Launch Engine running rough after water in Engine Bay

tfenderson
06-16-2015, 06:57 AM
The port side ballast bag broke a fitting and pumped plenty of water into the engine bay and hull while I was wake surfing and another person was driving. The engine started running very rough while I was on the board so we shut it down, now it wont go over 10 mph without running rough and having zero power. The engine just bogs down. Thoughts for a place to start trouble shooting?

2500HD
06-16-2015, 08:47 AM
How much water? I don't see how this could affect the engine unless it was spraying directly on it or unless you almost sank. I would start with plug wires and just making sure you got everything completely dried out. get a dehumidifier if you have to and stick it in the engine compartment.

tfenderson
06-16-2015, 12:47 PM
How much water? I don't see how this could affect the engine unless it was spraying directly on it or unless you almost sank. I would start with plug wires and just making sure you got everything completely dried out. get a dehumidifier if you have to and stick it in the engine compartment.

Thanks! I did spend the morning making sure all connections and plug wires were dry. The only notable issue was the blower not working and a simple reset of the breaker fixed that. I just went out and all is good. One left over problem is the smart plate is not moving up or down now? Not a ton of water but enough to splash all over the engine bay. Any thoughts on the trim plate? Thanks

jzelt
06-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Check for a fuel filter. Ours is located by the v drive and could have been swamped if your water was deep enough. Sounds like water in the fuel somewhere.

Edit-didn't see you posted it was ok now after drying out.